The Eller Story
“Make absolute integrity the compass that guides you.” – Karl Eller, BSBA Marketing ’52
The Eller College of Management began as a 1913 bachelor’s degree program in commerce before becoming the UA School of Business and Public Administration in 1944. In 1998, it was renamed the Eller College of Business and Public Administration, which was condensed to Eller College of Management in 2004.
The school is named for alumnus and entrepreneur Karl Eller (BSBA Marketing ’52), the founder of Eller Outdoor Advertising, Combined Communications Corporation, and Eller Media Company. He is also past CEO of Columbia Pictures Communications and Circle K Corporation, and was inducted into the Advertising Hall of Fame in 2004, the first Arizonan to have that honor.
Since 1992, the Eller College of Management has been housed in the four-story, 180,000-square foot McClelland Hall. The $19-million building is named for the McClelland family, which founded Shamrock Foods Corporation. Shamrock chairman Norman P. McClelland and his sister Francis Helen are both alumni of the College. McClelland Hall is built around an open-air, sunlit courtyard, and houses classrooms, student activity areas, computer laboratories, centers for corporate research, public and community spaces, and faculty and administrative offices for the entire college.
In 2007, the College opened a Scottsdale campus in the McDowell Mountain Business Park. The facility is home to the Eller Executive and Evening MBA programs, and includes state-of-the-art classroom space, a dining area, breakout rooms, offices, and an outdoor balcony overlooking the McDowell Mountains.
Visit Eller College for more information.
For additional information, please contact us.