University of Arizona’s Eller MBA program honors five Eller MBA Alumni Achievement Award recipients on Friday, September 17th, 2004 as part of Eller MBA Alumni Weekend
Award recipients are honored for their distinguished career success exemplifying innovation, business acumen, and leadership.
TUCSON , Ariz. – September 14, 2004 – Five Eller College of Management MBA alumni will be honored on Friday, September 17th with Eller MBA Alumni Achievement Awards to recognize their accomplishments and success. The awards will take place at a dinner in the Estes Atrium at the Eller College where over one hundred Eller MBA alums will gather.
Eller MBA Alumni Achievement Awards will be awarded to:
Cephas Bowles, MBA 1992, General Manager, WBGO-FM Jazz Radio, Newark, NJ
- Runs one of the most popular classic jazz radio stations in the United States
- Member of National Public Radio (NPR) Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Investment Committee overseeing $300 million portfolio
- Co-founder of Blacks in Public Broadcasting
- Worked for University of Arizona’s public radio and television stations for 15 years
- Named one of New Jersey’s most influential arts leaders
- Undergraduate degree in radio-television broadcasting from Syracuse University
Tamsin Campbell, MBA 1992, President, Decagon Devices, Pullman, WA
- Entrepreneurship Program graduate in charge of family-founded company that develops and manufactures soil measurement instruments
- Led company growth from $1.3 million to $4 million in sales and from 15 to 45 employees, over a 10-year period
- Member of McGuire Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame for Outstanding Product Development and Distribution
- Undergraduate degree in agricultural economics from Washington State University
Leamon Crooms, MBA 1997, President, Strategic Growth Advisors, Tucson, AZ
- Founder of firm providing business advisory services to mid-sized companies
- Formerly worked for Cap Gemini Ernst & Young and KPMG providing strategy and customer relationship management consulting, and Wells Fargo Bank
- Serves on Eller MBA Advisory Council and National Association of Youth Service Consultants
- Received Centennial Award as outstanding graduate student
- Undergraduate degree in English from University of California, Davis
Larry Lesley, MBA 1979, Senior Vice President, Consumer Imaging and Printing, Hewlett-Packard Company, Vancouver, WA
- Joined Hewlett-Packard in 1980 and has been with the company for 24 years in various management positions including stints in the Telecommunications Division, Optoelectronics Division and Inkjet Imaging Solutions
- Serves on both the University of Michigan Business School Corporate Advisory Council and the Clark County High Tech Council
- Undergraduate degree in business from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
Vicki Panhuise, MBA 1999, Vice President of Program Management, Honeywell, Inc., Phoenix, AZ
- Runs program management for Honeywell’s Aerospace Electronic Systems business, serving the space, military, and commercial aviation markets
- Career includes 24 years with Honeywell in various engineering management and leadership positions
- Attended Eller Weekend MBA Program while serving as site general manager for Honeywell’s Tucson operation
- Recipient of numerous company honors for technical development
- Board service has included Eller MBA Advisory Council and the Greater Tucson Economic Council
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics from Wells College, masters and doctorate degrees in nuclear engineering from the University of Missouri
Brent Chrite, associate dean and director of the Eller MBA, commented, “We are pleased to recognize these accomplished Eller MBA alums as part of an action-packed two days of alumni weekend activities. These successful individuals exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit, technical expertise, and creative abilities that make Eller MBAs successful contributors to whatever organization they are a part of.”
In addition to the awards evening, Eller MBAs will hear from UA President Dr. Peter Likins on the UA’s direction and future, enjoy interactive presentations and professional development sessions on board service and career strategy, and of course will participate in golf and Wildcat football.
The Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona is internationally recognized for pioneering research, innovative curriculum, distinguished faculty, excellence in management information systems, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. U.S. News & World Report ranks the Eller undergraduate program #12 among public business schools and two of its programs are among the top 20 — Entrepreneurship and MIS. U.S. News & World Report ranks the Eller MBA Full-Time program #44 in the U.S. The College leads the nation’s business schools in generating grant funds for research. In addition to a Full-Time MBA program, the Eller College offers an Evening MBA program, the Eller Executive MBA and the Online MBA. The Eller College of Management supports more than 5,000 undergraduate and 600 graduate students on the UA campus in beautiful Tucson, Arizona.
Liz Warren-Pederson, Eller College of Management
For additional information, please contact us.