Through the McKeever Family Foundation Lab, the Academic and Research Technologies Group supports MIS Department faculty and student research computing needs through a shared computing infrastructure.
Our infrastructure aims to be flexible and scalable to meet the changing needs of our research.
McKeever Family Foundation Lab server environment
- VMware ESXi vCenter Cluster (compute nodes)
- Currently 3 hosts, scalable
- Total processor core count: 48
- Total logical processors count: 192
- Total RAM: 1.5TB
- Total raw local NVMe storage capacity: 6TB
- Starwind storage node
- Total raw SSD capacity: 9.6TB
- Total raw HDD capacity: 60TB
- FreeNAS-based storage node
- Total raw HDD capacity: 128TB
- All data and storage networking is performed at 10Gbe with network teaming or multipathing.
- Networking infrastructure and services supplied by UITS Network Operations team.
- iXsystems backup server
- Expandable 36-bay chassis
- Total raw capacity: 160TB
- 10Gbe teamed networking
- Hosted offsite