Thank you for your interest in recruiting our students from our top ranked program. Educating the future workforce and finding new ways to analyze data is the heart and soul of the MIS department’s strategy. With more than $200 million dollars in research funding supported by a team of highly acclaimed research professors, the MIS Department ranks as one of the top five information systems educators in the country.
We believe that by combining great science with rigorous educational curriculum we can bring innovative approaches to complex business challenges and provide a steady pipeline of future innovators and leaders. We seek to engage with all types of organizations to accomplish this goal. By pooling the talents of our researchers and student teams, MIS has engaged in numerous collaborations with a range of companies and research institutions.
Recruiting MIS Students
If you are looking to recruit MIS students for internship or full-time opportunities, you can post positions on Handshake or reach out to Wendy directly. We work with employers to
- Communicate job and internship opportunities to students
- Collect student resumes or post positions on Handshake
- Assist with campus visits and interviews
- Facilitate opportunities to meet with students in classes, workshops, and networking events
Please contact us to discuss your recruiting needs.
Creating an employer account and posting your positions on Handshake is free! In Handshake you can:
- Post full-time jobs and internships
- Register for career fairs and create information sessions
- Schedule on-campus interviews
- Search student profiles and direct message students about your career opportunities
Have questions about Handshake? Contact the Help Center.
Enhance your student visibility by participating in MIS student run activities. Students are eager to connect with professionals in a variety of ways. Corporate opportunities include speakers, networking and educational options.
MISA (Management Information Systems Association (for undergraduates)) and MISGA (Management Information Systems Graduate Association) are student run organizations that provide networking, social and educational opportunities to their members.
These associations conduct informational seminars, workshops and career showcases that enable members to become aware of potential employers and career opportunities within the field of information technology (IT). In addition, these associations conduct social events that help members build cohesive life-long relationships.
Contributions, gifts-in-kind and access to corporate speakers are critical to these associations as they continue to provide quality industry related offerings to their members.
Corporate benefits of supporting an MIS student organization:
- Positive, highly interactive exposure to highly motivated students
- Giving back to the community
- Exposure of your product/services to university students who may become future your employees, customers and or clients
- Opportunity to share your companies’ insights on business operations
Talented and committed graduate and undergraduate students are the MIS department’s lifeblood. The department has given the highest priority to their education and career preparation since its founding in 1974.
Companies can further their brand presence and engage in direct interactions with students by establishing custom entity scholarships. Scholarships may be named in honor of the company or individual, support a minimum of two, targeted students, and may establish a preference for students with an interest in and/or experience in a particular industry.
Scholarships provide critical support to outstanding MIS students. These funds support students who have demonstrated academic excellence and professional potential and who might otherwise find the cost of a top rated school prohibitive.
Gifts of a minimum of $10,000 for an expendable (yearly) scholarship or a minimum of $100,000 establish an endowed (ten year) scholarship will provide a competitive incentive in recruiting the best students to the MIS department.
By supporting our MIS students through scholarships, you can provide a permanent legacy while establishing relationships with the talented students who are offered the support provided by your organization.
Corporate benefits of student scholarships:
- Gain appropriate recognition for your entity, its products and services and its citizenship
- Supporting students who may otherwise be unable to attend a top ten rated university