Econ 101 Series
4 p.m. July 27, 2021 to 5 p.m. Sept. 23, 2021
WhereOnline: Link provided to registrants
Middle and High School Educators:
4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Arizona Time (PDT)
Empower your students with a command of key economic principles! In this 5-part series attendees will explore essential content knowledge, discuss common sources of student confusion, and access engaging instructional resources for supporting student mastery of the relevant economic concepts.
Each session in the series will take the form of a virtual professional development workshop scheduled from 4:00-5:15 pm PDT. The series schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday July 27: The Economic Way of Thinking
- Tuesday August 10: The Production Possibilities Curve
- Thursday August 26: Supply and Demand
- Thursday September 9: The Role of Government in the Economy
- Thursday September 23: International Trade
- New to teaching economics or CTE courses, or
- Looking to refresh their economics instruction, or
- Seeking resources to embed economic concepts in other social studies courses.
Educators can attend sessions á la carte, but teachers in the target audience (middle and high school economics, social studies, or CTE teachers) who participate in at least four sessions and complete a brief reflection exercise in connection to each session will receive a $100 gift card.