Lecturer in Business Communications
McClelland Hall 405S
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Cross-cultural communication
- Professional writing and presentations
- MIS consulting strategies
- English as a second language (ESL)
M.A., TESL, University of Arizona
Cheri Boyer has taught at Eller College of Management since Fall 2004. She teaches the BCOM 314 Business Communications course along with international student support labs at the undergraduate level. Boyer taught in Eller’s Global Cohort in Nanjing, China in 2009, in the Global Cohort in Bangalore, India in 2012 and in the Global Cohort in Brazil in 2017.
She has also taught Business Communication courses in the MIS graduate program, the MBA evening program, the graduate MIS-Hong Kong City College dual-degree program and in the graduate degree programs of both the Finance and Accounting departments.
Boyer’s work with international students for more than 30 years at the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) and at Eller has given her keen insights into and solutions for the challenges international students face. She has dedicated herself to helping these students adjust to American culture and university expectations and to improving their English language skills. A secondary interest and expertise that Boyer has developed and incorporates into her classes at Eller is educating American students in cultural diversity and increasing their intercultural competency. This is becoming a vital component of success in an increasingly global marketplace, and she believes that a diverse university classroom is a good place for business leaders of the future to begin learning these skills.
- BCOM 314 Business Communications: Global Business Perspective
- MIS 509 Business Communications for MIS
- MGMT 510F Business Communications for Finance
- ACCT 580I Business Communications for Accounting majors
- BCOM 212 Business Communications for Econ majors (developed/taught curriculum)
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Outstanding Program Director, Eller Global Business Program (2018)