Fifth Year Doctoral Candidate
- Chawla, N., MacGowan, R. L., Gabriel, A. S., & Podsakoff, N. P. (in press). Unplugging or staying connected? Examining the nature, antecedents, and consequences of profiles of daily recovery experiences. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Chawla, N., Gabriel, A. S., da Motta Veiga, S. P., & Slaughter, J. E. (in press). Does feedback matter for job search self-regulation? It depends on feedback quality. Personnel Psychology.
- Chawla, N., Wong, E. M., & Gabriel, A. S. (in press). Expanding the discourse surrounding sexual harassment: The case for considering experienced and observed hostile sexism, benevolent sexism, and gendered incivility. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice.
- Podsakoff, N. P., Spoelma, T. M., Chawla, N., & Gabriel, A. S. (in press). What predicts within-person variance in applied psychology constructs? An empirical examination. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- da Motta Veiga, S. P., Gabriel, A. S., Turban, D. P., & Chawla, N. (2018). From the unfolding process to self-regulation in job search: Integrating between- and within-person approaches. Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management.
- Chawla, N., Gabriel, A. S., Dahling, J. J., & Patel, K. (2016). Feedback dynamics are critical to improving performance management systems. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 9, 620-626.
Nitya's research broadly focuses on self-regulation at work and home. Specifically, her work examines both the factors that enhance or detract from self-regulation (e.g., feedback, recovery experiences, guilt) and the processes and behaviors (e.g., motivation; prosocial behaviors; counterproductive work behaviors) that unfold after (un)successful self-regulatory efforts. She approaches these topics from a multi-level perspective, examining both intra-individual and team-level processes
- Lab Manager, Organizational Psychology Lab, National University of Singapore, 2013-2015
- Academy of Management (Student Rep. for the Research Methods Division)
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- American Psychology Association