Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
Wei Chen joined the Eller College of Management in 2015 after earning his PhD in Innovation, Technology and Operations from the University of California, San Diego. His research interests include crowdsourcing, peer production, fintech and business analytics.
- MIS 307 Business Data Communications
- MIS 543 Business Data Communications and Networking
- "Measuring and Managing the Externality of Managerial Responses to Online Customer Reviews," Information Systems Research, 2019, 30(1), 81-96 (with B. Gu, Q. Ye and K. X. Zhu) [Journal] [SSRN]
- "Engaging Voluntary Contributions in Online Communities: A Hidden Markov Model," MIS Quarterly, 2018, 42(1), 83-100 (with X. Wei and K. X. Zhu) [Journal] [SSRN]
Awards, Honors and Grants
- NET Institute Summer Research Grant (2019)
- Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Research Grant (2019)
- Co-PI, General Research Fund, The Research Grants Council of Hong Kong. (2018-2019)
- Best Paper Award in IT and Healthcare Track, and Best Paper Nominee for International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Seoul, Korea, Dec 10-13, 2017.
- Eller College Dean's Small Research Grant (Spring 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Best Paper Award, The 10th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM 2016), Dalian, China, June 25-26, 2016.
- ICIS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Auckland, 2014
- Graduate Summer Teaching Scholar, UCSD, 2013
- Dean’s Fellowship for Summer Research, Rady School of Management, 2009-2015
- Rady Academic Year Fellowship, UCSD, 2009-2015
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- The American Economic Association (AEA)
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)