Spring Graduation Events
Please read below for detailed information about spring graduation events:
- Eller College Graduation Convocation
- Major-Specific Celebrations
- University-Wide Commencement Ceremony
- Eller Legacy Plaza
- Good Luck Lines
Eller College Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony
Saturday, May 11, 2019
McKale Memorial Center
- Convocation begins at 9 a.m. and will end by 11 a.m.
- Graduating student check-in begins at 8 a.m. Graduates must be checked in by 8:30 a.m.
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must use the convocation form.
Graduates will receive an email when the convocation form is made available. Students will have an ample time period to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Spring Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the online College survey and convocation form, please follow these steps:
- Login to eSMS at student.esms.arizona.edu
- Click on "Convocation" at the top of the page
- Complete all steps listed
- Check-in begins at 8 a.m.
- Graduates must check in before 8:30 a.m.
- Time of event is 9 a.m.
- Students must register prior to entering McKale Center in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- All students will sit in the student section on the floor of McKale and will be recognized individually in the order that you are seated.
- Guests do not need to purchase tickets to attend.
- This event is open to any and all friends and family of Eller College graduating seniors, however guest seating will be limited. We ask that graduates bring no more than 10 guests.
- The doors to McKale Center will open one hour prior to start time to allow early seating of guests.
- All guest seating is available on a first come-first served basis.
- We do allow saving of seats—a representative from a group may save seats for the full party.
- Students should dress professionally and wear any awards, such as cords for Honors College or your leadership stole from your student organization. Students can also wear a cap and tassel if they would like, but please no gowns.
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
Parking will be available to students, guests and visitors in visitor parking garages free of charge on a space available basis. We recommend that attendees of the Eller Convocation park in Cherry Ave and Sixth Street Garages.
The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities. Please visit https://commencement.arizona.edu/disability-related-access-convocations for information related to accessibility at our Undergraduate Convocation as well as at the University Wide Commencement. To request accommodations or ask questions regarding seating, please contact the UA Disability Resource Center at 520.621.3268. Please contact Catherine Mazzola, UA communications access manager, to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
Department celebrations may or may not be open to guests. Please contact the individual academic departments for additional information about their events.
Accounting: Friday, May 10 8:45 a.m. -1:30 pm., Estes Atrium—McClelland Hall
Business Administration: Friday, May 10 4-5 p.m., Karl and Stevie Eller Professional Development Center—McClelland Hall
Business Management: Thursday, May 2 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Estes Atrium—McClelland Hall
Business Economics & Economics (BA): Friday, May 10 11 a.m.-Noon, Karl and Stevie Eller Professional Development Center—McClelland Hall
Entrepreneurship: For students in the New Venture Development Program, Tuesday, April 30 5:30-8 p.m., Culinary Dropout (2543 E. Grant Rd. Tucson, AZ 85716)
Finance: Thursday, May 9 9:00 am to 10:30 am, Estes Atrium—McClelland Hall
Marketing: Thursday, May 9 2-3:30 p.m., Estes Atrium—McClelland Hall
Management Information Systems and Operations Management: Wednesday, May 8 4-5 p.m., Estes Atrium—McClelland Hall
University-Wide Commencement Ceremony
Commencement will be Friday, May 10, 2019 in Arizona Stadium
This event is also open to anyone to attend. No tickets are required for guests, but an RSVP for a headcount is requested.
Go to commencement.arizona.edu and click the the RSVP link for undergraduate ceremony. Log in in with your UA NetId and password and you will access the form that asks if the student will be attending, the college from which they will be graduating, and the number of guests (not including the student) who will attend the Stadium ceremony on Friday evening.
Diplomas are not distributed at the event since undergraduates will be recognized by colleges rather than individually. Diplomas are typically mailed a few weeks after final grades are verified to your permanent address, which you can check on UAccess.
Eller Legacy Plaza
Engrave a message to live at Eller for years to come. Multiple size bricks at varying price points are available.
Good Luck Lines
Families and guests have the opportunity to put a message honoring a graduating senior in the printed convocation program booklet. Each full ad costs $35 and includes four lines of text with up to 40 characters on each line.