Integrate Career Development with Academic Learning
Domestic study tours are an opportunity for students to integrate their career development goals with academic learning.
The program is centered around site visits and presentations by numerous firms and institutions giving students the opportunity to:
- Meet professionals working in your field of interest to clarify your career goals
- Develop an understanding of the variety of career opportunities currently available
- Translate theoretical knowledge from the classroom into a valuable experiential learning opportunity
- Network with Eller College alumni and friends in the business community
Current Study Tours
The type of study tours offered vary based on the year and semester. The following domestic study tours are currently offered:
- Chicago Study Tour (Spring Break 2020)
The Professional Development Center presents a unique opportunity for students in the Eller College of Management to meet professionals living and working in the Chicago area.
ur goal is to present a unique opportunity for undergraduate students at the Eller College of Management within the University of Arizona to meet with Eller alumni and business professionals working in the Chicago area, and tour a wide variety of industries and work settings throughout the city.
Accepted students will take a 4 week academic course that culminates with this weeklong study and networking experience, which will give students a great opportunity to come into contact with what the business world is like in a large city.
Students who participate in the study tour will gain:
- insight into business industries around the city
- awareness into the importance of company culture
- understanding of the variety of career opportunities and career paths
- valuable networking opportunities
- perspective into professional life after graduation
- a cultural experience to learn more about the city of Chicago
Students must be enrolled at The University of Arizona and a declared Eller major (Economics, pre-business, and pre-economics majors included), and be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Attend Information Session (choose one):
- Monday, October 21 at 5 p.m., McClelland Hall, 201A
- Wednesday, October 23 at 5 p.m., McClelland Hall, CitiBank Conference Room, 201M
- Tuesday, October 29 at 5 p.m. Location TBD
- E-Mail your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com
- Interview scheduled with the Program Coordinators
- If selected, submit all commitment paperwork including individual flight arrangements and enroll in course
- Attend pre-departure meetings during the Spring semester
- Application Due: November 3, 2019
Compose a statement of interest, explaining why you would like to attend Chicago Study Tour and send that with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: November 11 - 15, 2019
- Selected Students Notified: Monday, November 25, 2019
- Program Commitment Due: Friday, December 6, 2019
- Conducted over the University of Arizona's Spring Break: March 9 - 12, 2020
- Up to 4 company site visits scheduled per day
- Scheduled group meetings, alumni mixer and opportunities to enjoy the city of Chicago.
- Enrollment in 3 units of a Business Administration course will be earned during the Spring 2020 semester (4 classes)
- Mandatory attendance at pre-departure meetings during the Spring semester
- Required assignments associated with study tour and class
Program Fee: $750
**INCLUDES: 5 nights hotel (occupancy of 3-4/room), pre-departure meetings, local transportation, an alumni mixer, submission of resume to companies, cultural experience, some meals and program of activities.
*Does not include: round-trip airfare, some meals, airport shuttle and personal expenses.
A hotel will be identified for participant housing. As this program is highly structured and constructed around site visits throughout the city, it is required that students stay in the designated hotel. When you register for the program, we will be following up with you to give detailed information about the hotel and identify roommates. The hotel cost is included in the Program Fee.
Potential Company Visits (subject to change)
- Northern Trust
- Cushman & Wakefield
Here’s what some of our students had to say about other study tour programs:
"An exceptional learning experience that is unattainable in the classroom. The commitment to the college by our alumni is truly inspirational. I plan to build on the groundwork laid by these visionaries when my career takes me to that beautiful city." - Randy Lee, New York Study Tour
"It was an experience that I will never forget." - Kris French, New York Study Tour
“I learned so much from this trip – how to hold myself, how to be more professional and network as well as providing me with first hand company experience.” - Patrick Guthrie, Los Angeles
“My favorite thing about the trip was getting to experience corporate and start-up environments while learning from the alumni/employees. I enjoyed getting to know people from Eller outside my cohort! I was also able to solidify my direction in my job search, which is really important as I draw closer to graduation.” - Jennifer Schultz, Seattle/Portland
"My favorite thing about the trip was the experience in total. I was surrounded by wonderful people and made new, great friends. This trip encouraged to look outside of the college bubble and understand the world does not revolve around UofA. It is important to embrace new ideas and cultures in which made the trip as amazing as it was." Grace Lange, San Francisco
For more information or questions, please contact us.