Established in 1994, Career Showcase is the largest student-managed career fair in the state of Arizona.
Now in its 29th year, this unique event has provided corporations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations with the opportunity to interact with the students of the Eller College of Management.
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Time 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
In-Person (McClelland Hall)
About Career Showcase
With more than 5,500 undergraduate students enrolled in 15 academic programs, the Eller College continues to prepare excelling students as they transition to the professional arena.
Coordinated and presented by Delta Sigma Pi, Dean's Council and Eller College of Management, Career Showcase serves as a foundation for those students seeking part-time and full-time opportunities, as well as for those companies wishing to recruit only the most exceptional students. With the continuous support of the attending companies, students and administration, Career showcase has come to embody a lifetime of endless opportunities.
The University of Arizona is one of the nation's premier, student-centered public research institutions.
The Eller Undergraduate Program ranks 3rd over all for Enrolling the Most Minority Students - Poets&Quants - 2019 And boasts the nation's No. 20 best public undergraduate business school, No. 31 overall in the US. - U.S. News & World Report - September 2019
Career Showcase for Recruiters
Thank you for your interest in recruiting at Eller Career Showcase 2023.
Tuesday, February 15, 2023, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
An add-on option for Career Showcase is our Diversity Mixer taking place the evening prior.
- Diversity Mixer - Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Corporate Regular: $725
- Government and Non-Profit: $525
- Diversity Mixer: $250
- Diversity Mixer available as an add-on event in career fair registration
- Final deadline to register is January 20, 2023 or when capacity is reached.
- Cancellations prior to January 20 have a fee of $100.00. Non-refundable after January 20
- Registration fees do not qualify as a tax-deductible donation.
- Tax ID: 810748429
Career Showcase for Students
The 2023 Eller In-Person Career Showcase event is open for registration. Registration is not needed to attend, but will tell us how many to expect.
In the meantime, the best way to prepare is to:
- Update your resume, and be sure to upload it to Handshake and make it public.
- Complete your Handshake profile. Employers have the ability to set certain qualifications for one-on-one sessions. If your profile is not complete, you may not see all sessions available to you.
- IMPORTANT: To maximize opportunities, ensure your GPA is visible (uncheck "hide from employers" in your profile) and work authorization status is updated (in settings and privacy).
- Research employers attending the fair and opportunities they have available.
- Create questions specific to companies and positions of interest and have them ready to go for talking with employer reps in the fair.
- Create an elevator pitch about yourself for when you introduce yourself to company reps in the fair.
- Meet with a Career Coach or PDA to practice your pitch, work on tailored questions and/or update your resume. Appointments available through eSMS.
- Dress appropriately. First impressions are important. We recommend business-casual or smart-casual.
- Be enthusiastic and inquisitive.
- Ask tailored questions.
- Reference your resume and point out your experience.
- Ask the representative for their contact information for your follow up after the fair.
- Be courteous! In addition to representing yourself, you also represent your college and the University. All of the organizations at the fair are there because of their interest in hiring Eller students. Some representatives are UA alumni. Demonstrate sensitivity to other students in Group Sessions by keeping your questions brief, sharing space, and offering to continue your conversation at a later time. Enjoy the virtual fair and your interaction with the employers. Let your positive attitude shine!
After a Career Fair:
- Send a thank you email to the company rep you with met, and include two-three takeaways from your interaction about the position or company.
- Connect with employer reps on LinkedIn.
- Apply and Notify: If interested, apply for the position you discussed and notify the company rep you met with in the fair that you've done so.