The Eller Expo is a unique event that provides corporations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations with the opportunity to connect and engage with the talented students of the Eller College.
With more than 5,500 undergraduate students enrolled in 15 academic programs, the Eller College continues to prepare excelling students as they transition to the professional arena.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
3 pm - 7 p.m.
The University of Arizon
About Eller Expo
The Eller Expo is back in person! It offers the opportunity to interact with students seeking internships and full-time opportunities first. Attendees include majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Economics, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Pre-Business and other campus majors interested in pursuing business as a career.
The University of Arizona is one of the nation’s premier, student centered public research institutions.
The Eller College boasts the nations #20 public undergraduate program, #31 overall in the U.S.
– U.S. News & World Report
This year's Eller Expo is sponsored by CoreTech, KPMG, GoldBook Financial, Northwestern Mutual, and Altria
Expo Information for Recruiters
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
3 p.m.- 7 p.m. Arizona time (Arizona does not follow daylight savings time, be sure to check your time zone)
The Eller Expo is a unique event that provides corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations with the opportunity to connect and engage with the talented students of the Eller College of Management. With more than 5,500 undergraduate students enrolled in 15 academic programs, the Eller College continues to prepare excelling students as they transition to the professional arena.
The Eller Career EXPO is back in person. Registration includes:
- Company name highlighted in program marketing and digital media to students
- Assistance from professional student organizations and Handshake support throughout the event
Additional Registration Information
- Corporate Regular: $725
- Government and Nonprofit Regular: $500
- Diversity Mixer available as an add-on event ($175) in registration. The Mixer will also be held in person following the Expo.
- Registration opens in June and closes September 01, 2022, or upon maximum capacity. Space is limited.
- There is a fee of $100.00 for any cancellations prior to August 01. Non-refundable after August 01.
- None of the registration fees qualify as a tax-deductible donation.
- Tax ID: 810748429
Before a Career Fair
- Update your resume, and be sure to upload it to Handshake and make it public.
- Complete your Handshake profile. Employers have the ability to set certain qualifications for one-on-one sessions. If your profile is not complete, you may not see all sessions available to you.
- IMPORTANT: To maximize opportunities, ensure your GPA is visible (uncheck "hide from employers" in your profile) and work authorization status is updated (in settings and privacy).
- Research employers attending the fair and opportunities they have available.
- Create questions specific to companies and positions of interest and have them ready to go for talking with employer reps in the fair.
- reate an elevator pitch about yourself for when you introduce yourself to company reps in the fair.
- Meet with a Career Coach or PDA to practice your pitch, work on tailored questions and/or update your resume. Appointments available through eSMS.
- Dress appropriately. First impressions are important. We recommend business-casual or smart-casual.
- Be enthusiastic and inquisitive.
- Ask tailored questions.
- Reference your resume and point out your experience.
- Ask the representative for their contact information for your follow up after the fair.
- Be courteous! In addition to representing yourself, you also represent your college and the University. All of the organizations at the fair are there because of their interest in hiring Eller students. Some representatives are UA alumni. Demonstrate sensitivity to other students in Group Sessions by keeping your questions brief, sharing space, and offering to continue your conversation at a later time. Enjoy the virtual fair and your interaction with the employers. Let your positive attitude shine!
After a Career Fair:
- Send a thank you email to the company rep you with met, and include two-three takeaways from your interaction about the position or company.
- Connect with employer reps on LinkedIn.
- Apply and Notify: If interested, apply for the position you discussed and notify the company rep you met with in the fair that you've done so.