Apply Now for the Social Impact Pitch Competition
Sept. 21, 2017
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship is proud to present the Social Impact Pitch Competition on Oct. 16, 2017, with $30,000 in cash awards from Microsoft, the United Way, and the Haury Program.
About the Social Impact Pitch Competition
The Social Impact Pitch Competition is open to individuals, nonprofits, and social ventures that are starting new programs or services to solve needs in local communities or around the globe. The Pitch Competition, which is the culminating event of the Social Impact Summit, will feature six finalists who will be judged on their startup’s scalability, sustainability, and capacity to solve a need.
Applications are online and are due by 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 2. Finalists will be notified Oct. 5, and must be available to present at the live competition on the evening of Oct. 16.
If you would like to learn more about how to apply, visit an upcoming Pitch Application Information Session:
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, 7 p.m. at McClelland Hall, Room 202, 1130 E. Helen Street, Tucson, AZ 85721
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, 3:30 p.m. at StartUp Tucson’s CoLab WorkSpace, 17 E Pennington St, Tucson, AZ 85701
About the Social Impact Summit
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship's Social Impact Summit brings together individuals, nonprofits, and corporations to discover ways to maximize social impact and drive innovation strategies. Through a series of workshops, panels, and roundtable discussions, attendees explore trends, changes and future innovations necessary to drive social innovation – locally, regionally, nationally and globally. In the evening, a social impact competition will allow the public as well as students to compete for awards.
The day features:
- Morning Keynote: Collaboration & Collective Social Impact
- Morning Innovation Workshop: Using Lean Innovation to Solve Local and Global Problems
- Afternoon Sessions: Attendees will have the opportunity to choose from 24 sessions featuring over 100 speakers and panelists.
- Evening Social Impact Pitch Competition: Six finalists will have the chance to compete for more than $30,000 in cash and prizes.
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship's 2017 Social Impact Summit was made possible by the following generous sponsors and partners.
With additional support from:
A part of:
The Social Impact Summit is a signature event that is part of the TENWEST Festival. You'll need a TENWEST pass to attend the Social Impact Summit, and the pass will give you access to many other events throughout the weeklong festival. Learn more: TENWEST Festival.
For more information about the Social Impact Summit or the Social Impact Pitch Competition, please contact Entrepreneurship Lecturer Rick Yngve or Program Coordinator Munerra Muhammed.