Associate Professor of Finance
Philip Rhoads Fellow in Finance
McClelland Hall 315L
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Empirical corporate finance
- Payout policy
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Insider trading
PhD in Finance, University of Florida
Certificate of Applied Statistics, University of South Carolina
International MBA, University of South Carolina
BS in Mathematics, BA in French, College of Charleston
Alice Bonaime joined the Eller College of Management in 2015. Prior to joining Eller, she taught at the University of Kentucky. She earned her PhD in Finance from the University of Florida in 2008. Her research interests include empirical corporate finance, payout policy, insider trading and mergers and acquisitions.
- FIN 391 Preceptorship - Fall
- FIN 412 Corporate Financial Problems - Fall
- FIN 512 Advanced Corporate Finance - Fall
- Why do Firms Disagree with Short Sellers? Managerial Myopia versus Private Information, with Leonce Bargeron. Revision requested, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- The Evolution of Employee Compensation, Dilution, and Payout Policy, with Kathleen Kahle, David Moore, and Alok Nemani.
- Payout Policy Tradeoffs and the Rise of 10b5-1 Preset Repurchase Plans, with Jarrad Harford and David Moore. Management Science, forthcoming.
- Does Policy Uncertainty Affect Mergers and Acquisitions?, with Huseyin Gulen and Mihai Ion. Journal of Financial Economics, 2018, 129, 531--558.
- The Timing and Source of Long-run Returns Following Repurchases, with Leonce Bargeron and Shawn Thomas, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2017, 52, 491--517.
- The Cost of Financial Flexibility: Evidence from Share Repurchases, with Kristine Hankins and Bradford Jordan, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016, 38, 345--362.
- Mandatory Disclosure and Firm Behavior: Evidence from Share Repurchases, The Accounting Review, 2015, 90, 1333--1362.
- Capital Structure, Equity Mispricing, and the Gains to Stock Repurchases, with Ozde Oztekin and Richard Warr, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2014, 26, 182--200.
- Financial Flexibility, Risk Management, and Payout Policy, with Kristine Hankins and Jarrad Harford, Review of Financial Studies, 2014, 27, 1047--1101.
- Insider Trading and Share Repurchases: Do Insiders and Firms Trade in the Same Direction? with Michael D. Ryngaert, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2013, 22, 35--53.
- Repurchases, Reputation and Returns, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2012, 47, 469--491.