Associate Professor of Finance
Philip Rhoads Fellow in Finance
McClelland Hall 315L
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Empirical corporate finance
- Payout policy
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Insider trading
PhD in Finance, University of Florida
Certificate of Applied Statistics, University of South Carolina
International MBA, University of South Carolina
BS in Mathematics, BA in French, College of Charleston
Alice Bonaimé is an Associate Professor of Finance and the Philip Rhoads Fellow in Finance at Eller College of Management. Prior to joining Eller, she earned her PhD in Finance from the University of Florida and taught at the University of Kentucky. Her research studies empirical corporate finance, with a focus on payout policy and mergers and acquisitions. Her work has been published in top academic journals, including the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, and the Accounting Review. Major media outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, and National Public Radio have cited her work. She was also one of Poets & Quants Favorite Business Professors of the Class of 2020.
- FIN 391 Preceptorship - Fall
- FIN 412 Corporate Financial Problems - Fall
- FIN 512 Advanced Corporate Finance - Fall
"Voluntary Disclosures Regarding Open Market Repurchase Programs" (with Leonce Bargeron, William Docimo, Mei Feng, and Shawn Thomas)
- "Share Repurchases," Handbook of Corporate Finance, forthcoming (with K. Kahle).
- Featured in Columbia Law School's Blue Sky Blog on Corporations and the Capital Markets
- "Employee Compensation Still Impacts Payout Policy?" Critical Finance Review, forthcoming (with K. Kahle, D. Moore and A. Nemani)
- "Why do Firms Disagree with Short Sellers? Managerial Myopia versus Private Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2020, 55, 2431-2465 (with L. Bargeron). [Lead Article]
- "Payout Policy Tradeoffs and the Rise of 10b5-1 Preset Repurchase Plans," Management Science, 2020, 66, 2762-2786 (with J. Harford and D. Moore)
- "Does Policy Uncertainty Affect Mergers and Acquisitions?," Journal of Financial Economics, 2018, 129, 531-558 (with H. Gulen and M. Ion)
- "The Timing and Source of Long-run Returns Following Repurchases," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2017, 52, 491-517 (with L. Bargeron and S. Thomas)
- "The Cost of Financial Flexibility: Evidence from Share Repurchases," Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016, 38, 345-362 (with K. Hankins and B. Jordan)
- "Mandatory Disclosure and Firm Behavior: Evidence from Share Repurchases," The Accounting Review, 2015, 90, 1333-1362.
- "Capital Structure, Equity Mispricing, and the Gains to Stock Repurchases," Journal of Corporate Finance, 2014, 26, 182-200 (with O. Oztekin and R. Warr)
- "Financial Flexibility, Risk Management, and Payout Policy," Review of Financial Studies, 2014, 27, 1047-1101 (with K. Hankins and J. Harford)
- "Insider Trading and Share Repurchases: Do Insiders and Firms Trade in the Same Direction?", Journal of Corporate Finance, 2013, 22, 35-53 (with M. Ryngaert)
- "Repurchases, Reputation and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2012, 47, 469-491