Balint Horvath joined the Eller College of Management in 2022. Before that he was Senior Lecturer at the University of Bristol in the UK and visited the World Bank in 2014. His area of expertise include financial intermediation, regulation and international finance.
- FIN 422 Risk Management and Derivatives - Fall/Spring
- FIN 452 Special Topics: Current Topics in Banking and Finance - Spring
- FIN 522 Advanced Risk Management and Derivatives - Fall
- FIN 524 Applied Risk Management - Spring
- FIN 552 Special Topics: Current Topics in Banking and Finance - Fall
- "Eliminating the Tax Shield through Allowance for Corporate Equity: Cross-border Credit Supply Effects," (with Sonny Biswas and Wei Zhai), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 2022, Vol. 54 (6): 1803-1837.
- "The Interaction of Bank Regulation and Taxation," Journal of Corporate Finance, 2020, Vol. 64, Article 101629.
- "Foreign Banks and International Transmission of Monetary Policy: Evidence from the Syndicated Loan Market," (with Asli Demirgüç-Kunt and Harry Huizinga), European Economic Review, 2020, Vol. 129, Article 103542.
- "The Disturbing Interaction between Countercyclical Capital Requirements and Systemic Risk," (with Wolf Wagner), Review of Finance, 2017, Vol. 21 (4): 1485-1511.
- "How Does Long-Term Finance Affect Economic Volatility?" (with Asli Demirgüç-Kunt and Harry Huizinga), Journal of Financial Stability, 2017, Vol. 33(C): 41-59.
- “Does the European Financial Stability Facility bail out sovereigns or banks? An Event Study,” (with Harry Huizinga), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, February 2015, Vol. 47 (1):177-206.
- PhD in Economics, Tilburg University 2015
- MRes in Economics, Tilburg University
- MSc in Finance, Corvinus University of Budapest