Associate Professor of Marketing
Bikram Ghosh joined the Eller College of Management as associate professor in 2013 after previously teaching at the University of South Carolina. He earned his PhD in Marketing in 2007 from Purdue University. His research focuses on analytical models of marketing with a focus on firm pricing strategy and competition, social movements and the effect of user generated reviews of products on firm competition and strategy.
- MKTG 451 Advanced Analytics/CRM
- MKTG 542 Relationship Marketing
- “Strategic price competition and product bundling”, with Subramanian Balachander, Management Science, 2007, Vol 53(1), 159-168.
- “Why Bundle Discounts can be a Profitable Alternative to Competing on Price Promotions?” with Subramanian Balachander and Axel Stock, Marketing Science, 2010, Vol 29(4), 624-638.
- “Advertising effectiveness, Digital Video Recorders and Product Market Competition”, with Axel Stock, Marketing Science, 2010, Vol 29(4), 638-649.
- “Social Sharing of Information Goods: Implications for Pricing and Profits”, with Michael R. Galbreth and Mikhael Shor, Marketing Science, 2012, Vol 31(4), 603-620.
- "Competition and Sustainability: the Impact of Consumer Awareness", with Michael R. Galbreth, Decision Sciences, 2013, Vol 44(1), 127-159. Best paper award, Decision Sciences Journal, 2013.
- “Bayesian Estimation of a Simultaneous Probit Model Using Error Augmentation: An Application to Multi-buying and Churning Behavior”, with Subramanian Balachander, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 2013, Vol 11(4), 437-458.
- “The Competitive Impact of Targeted Television Advertising Using DVR Technology”, with Michael R. Galbreth and Guangzhi Shang, Decision Sciences, 2013, Vol 44(5), 951-971.
- “Impact of Consumer Attentiveness and Search Costs in Firm Quality Disclosure: A Competitive Analysis”, with Michael R. Galbreth, Management Science, 2013, Vol 59(11), 2604-2621.
- “Asymmetric Uncertainty and Endogenous Market Segmentation in Experience Goods”, with Michael R. Galbreth, forthcoming, Decision Sciences.
- “Optimal Retail Return Policies with Consumer Opportunism” with Guangzhi Shang and Michael R. Galbreth, forthcoming, Productions and Operations Management .
- “How Unequal Perception of User Reviews Impact Price Competition” with Pelin Pekgun and Michael R. Galbreth, forthcoming, Decision Sciences.