Senior Lecturer in MIS
Assistant Director, INSITE: Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics
McClelland Hall 430AA
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Data Modeling
- Temporal and spatial data management
- Data security and privacy
- Healthcare data management
- XML Schema
PhD, University of Arizona, 2004
Faiz Currim joined the Eller College of Management in 2011. His areas of expertise include data modeling, temporal and spatial data management, data security and privacy, healthcare data management and XML schema. He earned his PhD in 2004 from the Eller College and taught for six years at the University of Iowa before returning to Tucson.
- Database management
- Information systems
- MIS 531 Enterprise Data Management
- MIS 304 Using and Managing Information Systems
- MIS 111L Computers and Internetworked Society Lab
- MIS 307 Business Data Communications
- MIS 331 Data Management
- Ram, S., Wang Y., Currim, F. & Currim, S. (2015) Using Big Data for Predicting Freshmen Retention. International Conference on Information Systems.
- Currim, S., Ram, S., Durcikova, A., & Currim, F. (2014) Using a knowledge learning framework to predict errors. Information Systems, 40, 11-31.
- Hylock, R. & Currim, F. (2013). A maintenance centric approach to the view selection problem. Information Systems, 38 (7), 971-987.
- Ram, S. & Currim, F. (2012) Modeling spatial and temporal set-based constraints during conceptual database design. Information Systems Research, 23(1), 109-128.
- Currim, F., Currim, S. A., Dyreson, C., Snodgrass, T.R., Thomas, S., & Zhang, R. (2012). Adding Temporal Constraints to XML Schema. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 24(8), 1-19.
- Jo, I., Jung, E., Currim, F., & Yeom, H. Y. (2012). Safe & efficient privacy-policy enforcement on hadoop. Information Journal, 15(4), April.
- Lu, D. F., Currim, F., Street, W. N., Hylock, R., & Delaney, C. (2013). A data modeling process for decomposing healthcare patient data sets. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 13(1), February.
- Currim, F., & Ram, S. (2008). Conceptually modeling windows and bounds for space and time in database constraints. Communications of the ACM, November.
- Dyreson, C., Snodgrass, R. T., Currim, F., Currim, S., & Joshi, S. (2008). Validating quicksand: Schema versioning in τXSchema. Data and Knowledge Engineering, 65(2), May.
- Dyreson, C., Snodgrass, R. T., Currim, F., Currim, S., & Joshi, S. (2007). Weaving temporal and reliability aspects into a schema tapestry. Data and Knowledge Engineering, 63(3), December.
- Xiao, X., Jung, E. & Currim, F. (2008). Quips, MD: Query Information Privacy and Security, for Medical Data”. Proceedings of the 18th Workshop on Information Technology and Systems.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)