Lehman Benson III
Lehman Benson III
Areas of Expertise
Lehman Benson joined the Eller College of Management in 1994 after earning his PhD in Psychology at Lund University (Sweden). In addition, to studying in Sweden, Benson completed a Presidential Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the University of California Berkeley. He served as the executive director of Eller’s Sports Management Program from 2012-2020. His areas of expertise include risk management, sports management, conflict management, negotiation strategies, organizational justice and judgment and decision-making.
Benson is a member of the President's Cabinet and the Strategic Planning and Budget Committee at the University of Arizona. He is also Pillar Three owner of the University of Arizona Strategic Plan and the co-chair of the Eller College Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
- MGMT 353 Sports Negotiation and Compliance
- MGMT 357 Life Cycle of Elite Athletics
- MGMT 501: Leadership in Organizations
- Negotiations and Compliance
- Sports Management
- Leadership in Organizations
Publications and Working Papers
- Motro, D., Evans, J.B., Ellis, A.P. J., & Benson, III, L. (2022) The “Angry Black Woman” Stereotype at Work. Harvard Business Review
- Motro, D., Evans, J.B., Ellis, A.P. J., & Benson, III, L. (2021) Race and Reactions to Women’s Expressions of Anger at work: Examining the Effects of the “Angry Black Woman” Stereotype. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Ordóñez, L. D., Benson, L., & Pittarello, A. (2016). Time Pressure Perception and Decision Making. In G. Keren and G. Wu (Eds): The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Judgment and Decision Making.
- Cropanzano, R., Li. A., Benson, L. (2011). Peer justice and teamwork process. Group and Organization Management, 36 (5), 567-596.
- Goldman, B., Cropanzano, R., Stein, J., & Benson III, L., (2008). The role of third-parties/mediation in resolving conflict in organizations. In Gelfand, m.j. & De Dreu, C.K.W. (Eds), The psychology of conflict and conflict management in organizations [SIOP Frontiers Series] (pp.291-320). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Janakiraman, N., & Benson III, L. (2008). Effects of service time on perceived wait in queue: Role of fairness and expectations. In Advances in Consumer Research Volume 35, eds. Angela Y. Lee and Dilip Soman, Duluth, MN: Association for consumer Research.
Selected Working Papers
- Soll, J. B., Mannes, A. E., Benson, L. Payne, J. W. Outliers in groups: Most valuable but least heard.
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Editorial Board of the Journal of Behavioral Decision-Making
- Panelist for National Science Foundation
Awards and Honors
- President’s Post Doctoral Fellow, the University of California
- Advisor of the Year, Mortar Board Honorary Society
- Chi Omega Faculty Appreciation Award
- Faculty Initiate: Beta Gamma Sigma Business National Honor Society
- State of Arizona Teaching Award Wakonse Teaching Fellow
- Eller Executive MBA Outstanding Module Award
- Eller College Evening MBA Outstanding Faculty of the Year
- Eller College Evening Undergraduate Cohort Outstanding Professor
- Eller College of Management Faculty Appreciation Award Professor of the Year, The Eller College of Management
- Teacher of the Year, The Eller College of Management
- University of Arizona Alumni Association Apple Polisher’s Teaching Award
- PhD, Lund University, Sweden
- MA, University of California, San Diego
- BA, University of California, Davis
- Risk Management for Corporate Leaders Certificate: Harvard Business School Executive Education