Assistant Professor of Marketing
McClelland Hall 320X
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate activism and corporate political culture
- New product development and innovation
- Firm/stock market communication strategies
- Financial consequences of marketing actions and assets
PhD in Business Administration-Marketing, Texas A&M University, 2016
MBA, Sharif University of Technology
BS in Industrial Engineering (System Dynamics Analysis), Sharif University of Technology
Nooshin Warren joined the Eller College of Management in 2016 after earning her PhD in Marketing from Texas A&M University. Before academia, Warren was a marketing manager at Khosro Medisa Teb in Tehran, Iran. Her areas of expertise include new product development and innovation, firm/stock market communication strategies, the impact of top management on the effectiveness of marketing actions and measuring the financial value of marketing actions and assets. Nooshin is also a member of the Eller College Diversity and Inclusion Task Force.
- MKTG 440
- MKTG 555E
Bhagwat, Yashoda, Nooshin L. Warren, Joshua T. Beck, and George F. Watson IV (2020) “Corporate Sociopolitical Activism and Firm Value”, Journal of Marketing, 84(5), 1–21.
Warren, Nooshin and Alina Sorescu (2017) “When 1+1>2: How Investors React to New Product Releases Announced Concurrently with other Corporate News,” Journal of Marketing, 81(2), 64-82.
Warren, Nooshin and Alina Sorescu (2017) “Interpreting the Stock Returns to New Product Announcements: How the Past Shapes Investors’ Expectations of Firms’ Innovative Output,” Journal of Marketing Research, 54(5), 799-815.
Sorescu, Alina, Nooshin Warren and Larisa Ertekin (2017) “Event Study Methodology in the Marketing Literature: An Overview,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 45(2), 186-207.
Marketing Ideas: How Scholars Can Write Influential Research Articles - with Tianyu Gu, Matthew Farmer, and Caleb Warren
Activism in the Music Industry: Consequences for Product Management and Consumption - with Daniel Martinez and Yong Liu
- American Marketing Association
- Association of Consumer Research
Review Board Member:
- Journal of Academy of Marketing Science
Ad Hoc Reviewer:
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Marketing Research
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Journal of Product Innovation Management
- Journal of Public Policy and Marketing
- Industrial Marketing Management
Awards and Honors
- Eller College of Management Research Grant, 2018 and 2019
- Eller Undergraduate Marketing Faculty of the Year Award, 2019
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Young Faculty Fellow, 2019
- Finalist for JAMS Sheth Foundation Best Paper of 2017, 2018
- Eller Marketing Department Small Grant,2017
- Mays Business School recipient of Outstanding Research Award, 2016
- Sheth AMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow, London Business School, 2015
- Mays Business School Merit Award, 2014
- EMAC Best Paper of the Conference Based on a Doctoral Dissertation , 2014
- Texas A&M University PhD Excellence Fellowship, 2011-2016
- Mays Business School Marketing Department Research Scholarship, 2011-2016