Assistant Professor of Marketing
McClelland Hall 320X
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate activism and corporate political culture
- Purpose driven marketing
- Firm/stock market communication strategies
- Financial consequences of marketing actions and assets
PhD in Business Administration-Marketing, Texas A&M University, 2016
MBA, Sharif University of Technology
BS in Industrial Engineering (System Dynamics Analysis), Sharif University of Technology
Nooshin Warren joined the Eller College of Management in 2016 after earning her PhD in Marketing from Texas A&M University. Before academia, Warren was a marketing manager for the representative of at Khosro Medisa Teb (Astra Zeneca, Zimmer and Phillips Avent in Iran). Her research interest lies in the financial impacts of marketing strategies. Her recent work is focused on political marketing, cause marketing and purpose driven marketing. She substantially studies how corporate sociopolitical activism and purpose driven marketing strategies can affect firms’ stakeholders such as their consumers, investors, competitors and employees. Nooshin’s research has been published in top tier marketing journals such as Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research and Journal of Academy of Marketing Science as well as prominent media outlets such as Forbes, Yahoo! News, the New York Times, and the Conversation. She serves as a review board member of the Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Academy of Marketing Science as well as an adhoc reviewer for other top tier marketing journals. In line with her research, Nooshin is also an active member of Eller College of Management Faculty Governance Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- MKTG 440
- MKTG 525
- MKTG 555E
Warren, N. L. (2021) “Boycott or Buycott: The Aftermath of Corporate Activism” NIM Marketing Intelligence Review, 13(2), 32-37.
Warren, Nooshin L., Matthew Farmer, Tianyu Gu, and Caleb Warren. "Marketing Ideas: How to Write Research Articles that Readers Understand and Cite." Journal of Marketing (2021): https://doi.org/10.1177/0022242920937000
Bhagwat, Yashoda, Nooshin L. Warren, Joshua T. Beck, and George F. Watson IV (2020) “Corporate Sociopolitical Activism and Firm Value”, Journal of Marketing, 84(5), 1–21.
Warren, Nooshin and Alina Sorescu (2017) “When 1+1>2: How Investors React to New Product Releases Announced Concurrently with other Corporate News,” Journal of Marketing, 81(2), 64-82.
Warren, Nooshin and Alina Sorescu (2017) “Interpreting the Stock Returns to New Product Announcements: How the Past Shapes Investors’ Expectations of Firms’ Innovative Output,” Journal of Marketing Research, 54(5), 799-815.
Sorescu, Alina, Nooshin Warren and Larisa Ertekin (2017) “Event Study Methodology in the Marketing Literature: An Overview,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 45(2), 186-207.
Activism in the Music Industry: Consequences for Product Management and Consumption - with Daniel Martinez and Yong Liu
The effect of Diversity on Box-Office: with Joshua Beck and Chi Tran
The Political Underpinnings of Customer Satisfaction with Global Brands: with Nathan Warren
- American Marketing Association
- Association of Consumer Research
- University of Arizona Eller College Faculty Governance Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Product Development and Management Association
- AMA Marketing Strategy SIG
Review Board Member:
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Academy of Marketing Science
Ad Hoc Reviewer:
- Journal of Marketing Research
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Journal of Product Innovation Management
- Journal of Public Policy and Marketing
- Industrial Marketing Management
- Marketing Letters
Awards and Honors
- AMA/Marketing Science Institute/H. Paul Root Award Winner, 2020
- Shelby D. Hunt/Harold H. Maynard Award Finalist, 2020
- Eller College of Management Research Award, 2020
- Eller College of Management Research Grant, 2018 and 2019
- Eller Undergraduate Marketing Faculty of the Year Award, 2019
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Young Faculty Fellow, 2019
- Finalist for JAMS Sheth Foundation Best Paper of 2017, 2018
- Eller Marketing Department Small Grant,2017
- Mays Business School recipient of Outstanding Research Award, 2016
- Sheth AMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow, London Business School, 2015
- Mays Business School Merit Award, 2014
- EMAC Best Paper of the Conference Based on a Doctoral Dissertation , 2014
- Texas A&M University PhD Excellence Fellowship, 2011-2016
- Mays Business School Marketing Department Research Scholarship, 2011-2016