Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations
McClelland Hall 405Z
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Social hierarchy
- Interpersonal and intergroup relations
- Cooperation and competition
- Interpersonal helping
PhD in Management and Human Resources, The Ohio State University, 2017
BA in Psychology and Markets and Management Studies, Duke University, 2009
Sarah Doyle joined the Eller College of Management in 2017 after earning her PhD in Management and Human Resources from The Ohio State University. Her research focuses on status, social hierarchy, interpersonal and intergroup relations, cooperation and competition and interpersonal helping.
- Lount, RB, Doyle, SP, Brion, S, & Pettit, NC. (In Press). Only When Others Are Watching: The Contingent Efforts of High Status Group Members. Management Science.
- Druckman, D, Lewicki, R, & Doyle, SP. (2019). Repairing Violations of Trustworthiness in Negotiation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 49(3): 145-158.
- Lount, RB., Pettit, NC., & Doyle, SP. (2017). Motivating Underdogs and Favorites. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 141, 82-93.
- Pettit, NC, Doyle, SP, Lount, RB. & To, C. (2016). Cheating to Get Ahead or to Avoid Falling Behind? The Effect of Potential Negative versus Positive Status Change on Unethical Behavior. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. 137, 172-183.
- Doyle, SP, Lount, RB, Wilk, SL, & Pettit, NC. (2016). Helping Others Most When They’re Not Too Close: Status Distance as a Determinant of Interpersonal Helping in Organizations. Academy of Management Discoveries, 2(2), 155-174.
- Brion, S, Lount, RB, & Doyle, SP. (2015). Knowing If You Are Trusted: Does Meta-accuracy Promote Trust Development? Social Psychological and Personality Science, 6(7), 823-830.
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research (INGRoup)
- International Association for Conflict Management (IACM)
- AOM Best Paper with a Student as the First Author, Conflict Management Division (2017) (Doyle)
- INGRoup Best Paper with a Student as the First Author (2014) (Doyle, Lount, Wilk, & Pettit)
Editorial Work and Service to the Field
- Academy of Management Conflict Management Division, Representative at Large (2018-present)
- Academy of Management Discoveries—Editorial Review Board (2019-present)