Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
McClelland Hall 430CC
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Healthcare operations and payment models
- Capacity planning and scheduling in healthcare
- Logistics optimization for food safety
- Applied econometrics
PhD, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Texas A&M University
MS in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University
BS in Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University
Seokjun Youn joined the Eller College of Management in 2019 after earning his PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Texas A&M University. His areas of expertise include healthcare operations and payment models, capacity planning and scheduling in healthcare, and logistics optimization for food safety. He enjoys exploiting large, granular datasets and leveraging the emerging field of data analytics combined with optimization tools. He is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) and the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
Selected Publications and Working Papers
Papers Under Review
- Youn, S., Heim, G. R., Kumar, S., and Sriskandarajah, C. Examining Impacts of Clinical Practice Variation on Operational Performance. R&R at Production and Operations Management.
- Youn, S., Geismar, H. N., Sriskandarajah, C., and Vikram, T. Adaptive Capacity Planning for Ambulatory Surgery Centers. R&R at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Geismar, H. N., Huang, Y., Pillai, S. D., Sriskandarajah, C., and Youn, S. (In Alphabetical Order), Establishing Electron Beam Facilities for Phytosanitary Treatment and Distribution of Mexican Import Commodities. R&R at Production and Operations Management.
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS)
- Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
Honors and Awards
- Winner, DSI 2018 Best Student Paper Award, 2018
- Outstanding Research Award by a Doctoral Student, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, 2018
- Finalist, INFORMS 2017 IBM Service Science Best Student Paper Award Competition, 2017
- Grand Challenge Research Grant, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, 2017
- POMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2016
- DSI Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Post-Proposal Defense Stage, 2016
- Purdue CIBER Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2015
- Mays Business School PhD Enhancement Fellowship, Texas A&M University, 2014-2019