Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
McClelland Hall 430CC
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Healthcare operations and payment models
- Capacity planning and scheduling in healthcare
- Logistics optimization for food safety
- Applied econometrics
PhD, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Texas A&M University
MS in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University
BS in Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University
Seokjun Youn joined the Eller College of Management in 2019 after earning his PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Texas A&M University. His areas of expertise include healthcare operations and payment models, capacity planning and scheduling in healthcare, and logistics optimization for food safety. He enjoys exploiting large, granular datasets and leveraging the emerging field of data analytics combined with optimization tools. He is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) and the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
- MIS 586: Big Data Analytics
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- "Location-Routing with Connecting Objectives: Coordinating eBeam Phytosanitary Treatment and Distribution of Mexican Import Commodities," Production and Operations Management, 2020, Accepted (with H. N. Geismar, Y. Huang, S. D. Pillai, and C. Sriskandarajah).
Papers Under Review
"Examining Impacts of Clinical Practice Variation on Operational Performance," Minor R&R at Production and Operations Management (with G. R. Heim, S. Kumar, and C. Sriskandarajah).
"Adaptive Capacity Planning for Ambulatory Surgery Centers," Major R&R at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (with H. N. Geismar, C. Sriskandarajah, and T. Vikram).
"Feed Your Hungry Seller: Information Sharing in Online Marketplaces," Under Review at Management Science (with Y. I. Kim, K. S. Jung, and Y. Kwark).
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS)
- Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
Honors and Awards
- Center for Management Innovations in Healthcare (CMIH) Research Grant, University of Arizona, 2020.
- Winner, DSI 2018 Best Student Paper Award, 2018
- Outstanding Research Award by a Doctoral Student, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, 2018
- Finalist, INFORMS 2017 IBM Service Science Best Student Paper Award Competition, 2017
- Grand Challenge Research Grant, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, 2017
- POMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2016
- DSI Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Post-Proposal Defense Stage, 2016
- Purdue CIBER Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2015
- Mays Business School PhD Enhancement Fellowship, Texas A&M University, 2014-2019