Assistant Professor of Accounting
McClelland Hall 301H
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Managerial decision-making
- Management control systems
- Budgetary reporting
PhD, Florida State University, 2014
MAcc, The Ohio State University
BA, Troy Uivsersity
Jeremy Douthit joined the Eller College of Management in 2014 after earning his PhD in Accounting from Florida State University. His research focuses on management accounting, experimental economics, behavioral decision-making, social norms, contract and control system design and budgeting.
- ACCT 310, Cost and Managerial Accounting
- “Can Agent Cheap Talk Mitigate Agency Problems in the Presence of a Noisy Performance Measure? An Experimental Test in a Single- and Multi-Period Setting.” (with Linwood Kearney and Doug Stevens), Journal of Management Accounting Research vol. 24, 2012.
- “The Robustness of Honesty Effects on Budget Proposals when the Superior has Rejection Authority.” (with Doug Stevens), The Accounting Review vol. 90 (2), 2015.
- "Why Don’t People Lie? Negative Affect Intensity and Preferences for Honesty in Budgetary Reporting." (with Bachman Fulmer III and Allen Blay), Management Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- “Where does Worker Productivity come from? The Effect of Worker Skill on Effort Provision”
- “Performance Tradeoffs in the Face of Change: The Effect of Changing Tasks and Compensation Contracts on Current and Future Performance” (with Todd Thornock)
- "Subordinate Perceptions of the Superior and Agency Costs: Theory and Evidence" (with Michael Majerczyk)
- “The Effect of Endogenous Contract Selection on Budgetary Slack: An Experimental Examination of Trust and Distrust” (with Steven Schwartz, Doug Stevens, and Rick Young)
- "Charitable Contribution Matching and Effort-Elicitation" (with Patrick Martin and Michelle McAllister)
- "Budgetary Pressure and Performance in Unstable Production Environments" (with Ashley Sauciuc)
- “Multi-level Relative Performance Incentives in Teams” (with Max Hewitt and Ashley Sauciuc)
- American Accounting Association
- Accounting, Behavior and Organizations Section
- Management Accounting Section
- Canadian Academic Accounting Association
- Economic Science Association
- Institute for Management Accountants