MSA Admission Eligibility Requirements
- 4 year bachelor's degree
- 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Competitive GMAT score
- GMAT requirement temporarily waived for Spring 2021 applicants to our programs
International applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- English proficiency test accepted by UA Graduate College with minimum score required by MSA program
- TOEFL minimum score of 85 for iBT (563 PBT taken before 2017), IELTS composite score of 7 with no subject score lower than 6
Application Deadlines Based on Start Dates
The Online MSA has six start dates per year. The application deadline is approximately 3 – 4 weeks prior to each start:
August 1: Fall 1
October 1: Fall 2
December 5: Spring 1
February 15: Spring 2
April 15: Summer 1
June 15: Summer 2
Based on educational background and work experience, online students may be required to start in the Online Certificate program to complete their prerequisites before they will be accepted into the OMSA program. All online students must have completed the Introductory Financial Accounting prerequisite before beginning their program; the other prerequisites can be taken at the University of Arizona as part of the Online Certificate program or may be satisfied by taking comparable courses at an acceptable accredited US institution.
|Introduction to Financial Accounting (ACCT 200)||Managerial Accounting & Cost Accounting (ACCT 210 & 310, or Acct 545)|
|Intermediate Financial Accounting I (ACCT 400A)||Intermediate Financial Accounting II (ACCT 400B)|
|Principles of Federal Taxation (ACCT 420)|
Applications and Supporting Materials
Applicants are reviewed by the School of Accountancy based upon their whole application. After a review of an applicant's profile a recommendation decision is submitted to the Graduate College. The Graduate College then reviews the application and submits a final admission decision to the applicant. Please note your admission is not official until you receive notification from the Graduate College.
A completed MSA application includes :
- Graduate College Application
The UA Graduate College requires a fee to submit your application.
- Unofficial transcripts
Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended are required for your online application.
- Note: Official transcripts will be requested by the UA Graduate College after admission. No official transcripts are required for the application.
- GMAT score - GMAT requirement temporarily waived for applicants to our programs
A GMAT is required for all applicants who do not meet the waiver discussed below.
- The UA Institution Code is 4832.
- Note: There is no minimum score requirement for the GMAT. However, on average, applicants accepted into the program score between 500 and 700.
- Acceptable English proficiency test score (international applicants only)
This applies to international students whose native language is not English and who did not earn an undergraduate degree at a U.S. institution.
- The MAcc application requires a TOEFL score of 85 for iBT (563 PBT taken before 2017) or IELTS composite score of 7 with no subject score lower than 6.
- Please note that the MAcc program requires a higher minimum TOEFL score than the Graduate College.
- One Letter of Recommendation
GMAT & Letter of Recommendation Waiver Qualifications
If you are a student majoring in accounting at the University of Arizona (UA), Arizona State University (ASU) or Northern Arizona University (NAU) or if you have earned your degree in accounting at UA, ASU or NAU within the last four years you may qualify for a GMAT & Letter of Recommendation Waiver. Students that have completed the Summer Accounting Emphasis Program at UA may also qualify for the waiver.
Criteria for Waiver:
- The student is no more than one semester away from earning their undergraduate degree in accounting (or a non-Acct degree but has completed the UA Summer Accounting Emphasis Program) from UA , ASU or NAU or has earned their accounting degree from UA, ASU or NAU within the last four years AND
- The student achieved an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher, including courses taken at all institutions attended and an upper division accounting GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time the application is reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
If you meet the following criteria above, you will not need to submit the following materials:
- GMAT score
- Letter of recommendation