The Online Master's in MIS admissions team looks forward to working with you throughout the application process.
MISonline programs have frequent, flexible start dates to fit into your schedule. We offer a rolling admission policy that gives you the flexibility to apply throughout the year.
Completed applications are due three to four weeks before the start of any course. Only completed applications will be reviewed—these have ALL required documents including official transcripts and letters of recommendation. Those received by the deadlines below (or next business day for deadlines falling on weekends or holidays) are given the highest priority. All others will be considered as space allows.
If your preferred term has reached capacity, you will be automatically considered for the next term.
April 22: Summer 1 Session
June 17: Summer 2 Session
August 5: Fall 1 Session
October 7: Fall 2 Session
Undergraduate degree GPA of 3.00 or higher*
For domestic students, a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. For international students, a US comparable Bachelor's degree.
Two (2) years of work experience (does not include internships)
For international applicants only - TOEFL minimum score of 90 internet based testing
Completed Graduate College application (including $85 processing payment.)
- Copies of transcripts (uploaded during the application process.)
- Official transcripts (sealed) from all institutions attended. Send your official transcripts to the address below. Official transcripts/academic records include:
- From a US institution: Final, official transcript showing degree awarded with conferred date
- From an international institution: Final, official transcripts/academic records showing degree awarded with conferred date and/or official degree/diploma certificate
More details here on accepted transcripts/academic records
- Current resume. Include employment history, education, awards/honors, memberships and participation in professional organizations (uploaded during the application process.)
- Purpose of Graduate Study. A document stating your goals and objectives of gaining this degree and how obtaining this degree will impact your career path. (uploaded during the application process.)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (application system will ask for recommenders' contact information and it will send out the requests for you online.)
In addition to the requirements above, international applicants must also provide:
- Copy of TOEFL scores. Test must have been taken within the last two years of intended term of enrollment (uploaded during the application process.)
- Official TOEFL scores. Test must have been taken within the last two years of intended term of enrollment and sent to University of Arizona (code #4832) from ETS.
Please send your official transcripts to:
MIS Department, Online Admissions
University of Arizona
Eller College of Management
McClelland Hall #430
PO Box 210108
Tucson, AZ 85721-0108
* Probationary option to start the program available for those who do not have a 3.0 GPA. See below.
Don't have a 3.0 GPA? No problem - we have a solution for that.
The 3.0 GPA is a University of Arizona requirement for all graduate programs.
However, students could still start any of our online graduate programs by applying as a “non-degree seeking” student.
Non-degree seeking students take either 2 or 4 MISonline classes first.
If they achieve a 3.0 GPA or higher from those non-degree seeking classes, students can then apply to the the program as a “degree seeking” student. Any classes taken as a non-degree student transfer into the degree program.
|Master's in MIS Online Program||Non-degree seeking courses needed|
|Master's in MIS or Master's in Cybersecurity||2-4 courses for a maximum of 12 credits|
|Business Intelligence and Analytics certificate
Enterprise Security certificate
|2 courses for a total of 6 credits|
Steps to Apply
Below are the steps necessary to apply as a non-degree seeking student. Click on the application link below.
- Select the term you want to start the program in.
- Create an account.
- When asked what type of application you want to start - select “Non-Degree Seeking”.
- Complete the rest of the application.
- Pay the application fee - domestic applicants $45, international applicants $95.
VERY IMPORTANT - BEFORE you submit a non-degree seeking application – please notify Natalie Mora, Online Master's in MIS admissions coordinator, at MISOnlineAdmissions@eller.arizona.edu or 520-413-5544 of your intentions.
We don’t receive notifications of student’s admittance status from non-degree seeking applications. Therefore we have no idea who the students are and cannot inform them of how to register for classes or help them in any way.
Once students have submitted their non-degree seeking application, received notification from the Graduate College that they have been admitted into the University, and notified Natalie of their admittance she will put you on her student lists and send your course reminders.
Again, please notify Natalie Mora at t MISOnlineAdmissions@eller.arizona.edu or 520-413-5544 of your admittance.
Start your non-degree seeking application at https://apply.grad.arizona.edu/users/login.