Assistant Professor of Accounting
Dan joined the Dhaliwal-Reidy School of Accountancy after earning his PhD in Business Administration and Accounting from Penn State. He is a member of the American Accounting Association (AAA) and a licensed CPA in Arizona. Dan worked for PwC, Barclays Capital and Goldman Sachs. He currently teaches an activity-based course on innovation in accounting and auditing for the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program. Dan’s current research focuses on corporate governance, financial reporting and audit quality. His research has been published by leading academic journals in accounting and management (e.g., The Accounting Review and Management Science). He enjoys spending time with his wife, playing music, being a big brother for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Southern Arizona, and volunteering at the Salvation Army of Tucson. Dan loves the University of Arizona, supporting his students and producing top-tier research.
Innovations & Simulations in Accounting & Auditing (ACCT 532) in the MAcc program
- Musaib Ashraf, Paul N. Michas, and Dan Russomanno. The Impact of Audit Committee Information Technology Expertise on the Reliability and Timeliness of Financial Reporting. The Accounting Review (in Press). doi: https://doi.org/10.2308/accr-52622
- Adrienne Rhodes and Dan Russomanno. Executive Accountants and the Reliability of Financial Reporting. Management Science (in Press). doi: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.2020.3697
- Air Pollution and Audit Quality within the United States (with Jade Huayu Chen, Paul Michas and Wenzi Zhuang). Under review at Contemporary Accounting Research.
- The Interplay between Auditor Office Size and Executive Accountants in Mitigating Restatements (with Paul Michas and Adrienne C. Rhodes).
- Audit Partner Shared Industry Knowledge and Audit Quality (with Paul Michas and Meiling Zhao).
- Audit Outcomes of Initiating a Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) Position (dissertation).
- American Accounting Association
- Licensed CPA in Arizona
Awards and Honors
- Eller College of Management Research Grant 
- J. Kenneth and Nancy N. Jones Scholarship [2009-2013]
- Jane O. Burns Graduate Scholarship [2010, 2013]
- G. Kenneth Nelson Scholarship 
- The Frank P. and Mary Jean Smeal Endowment Fund Scholarship [2010-2012]
- Donald M. and Regina Harrison Graduate Scholarship [2010-2012]
- Smeal Competitive Doctoral Research Grant [2011-2012]