Assistant Professor of Finance
McClelland Hall 315H
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Policy uncertainty
- Corporate investment, Mergers and acquisitions
- Empirical asset pricing, factor models
- Macro finance, credit cycles
- International trade, trade policy
PhD in Finance, Purdue University, 2013
MBA, Purdue University, 2008
B.S. Mathematics, Jacobs University Bremen, 2007
Mihai Ion joined the Eller College of Management in 2014. His research focuses on policy uncertainty, corporate investment, mergers and acquisitions, empirical asset pricing, macro finance, credit cycles, international trade and trade policy. He earned his PhD in Finance from Purdue University in 2013.
- FIN 391 - Preceptorship - Spring
- FIN 421 Investments - Spring
- FIN 525 Empirical Finance Methods - Spring
“Policy Uncertainty and Corporate Investment”, with Huseyin Gulen. Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 29 (3), 2016, pages 523-564. [Lead Article. Editor’s Choice Article. RFS top five most cited articles published in 2016.]
“Does Policy Uncertainty Affect Mergers and Acquisitions?”, with Alice Bonaime and Huseyin Gulen. Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 129 (3), 2018, pages 531-558.
“Exports, Investment and Policy Uncertainty”, with Andrew Greenland and John Lopresti. Forthcoming, Canadian Journal of Economics.
"Using Equity Market Reactions to Infer Exposure to Trade Liberalization", with Andrew Greenland, John Lopresti and Peter K. Schott.
“The Use of Asset Growth in Empirical Asset Pricing Models”, with Michael Cooper and Huseyin Gulen. Revise and Resubmit, Journal of Finance.
- "Policy Uncertainty, Corporate Risk-Taking and CEO Incentives", with David Yin.
- “Credit Cycles, Expectations, and Corporate Investment”, with Huseyin Gulen and Stefano Rossi
“Asset Pricing Anomalies and Time-Varying Expected Returns”