Xinying Hao joined the Eller College of Management in 2019 from the marketing PhD program at the University of Texas at Austin. Her areas of expertise include big data research related to digital marketing, mobile targeting and online advertising. Particular methodological areas of interest include employing Bayesian econometrics methods and leveraging machine learning to realize artificial empathy in unstructured data.
- X. Hao, Z. Liu, and V. Mahajan, "Walking a Fine Line: Customer Retention in Mobile App Targeting"
- X. Hao, G. Sonnier, and F. ter Hofstede, "Permission Advertising: Understanding Pre-Roll Ads Leveraging Artificial Empathy"
Awards and Honors
- Donald D. Harrington Fellowship, UT Austin 2013-2018
- Fred Moore Assistant Instructor Awards for Teaching Excellence, UT Austin 2017
- PhD in Marketing, University of Texas at Austin
- BS in Mathematics, Zhejiang University