Seeking Students Who Co-create their MBA Experience
Our goal in admissions is to work closely with you to ensure your application process is personal, simple and successful. We look for students who bring strength and aspiration to our student-centered learning environment and possess the ability to be part of an MBA program in which they are the co-creators of their experience.
The Personal Touch
At Eller, we pride ourselves on the personal touch. We will work individually with you through the research and application process to ensure your success.
October 15: Early Decision
December 1: Round 1
February 15: Round 2
April 1: Round 3
June 15: Final Deadline
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application fee waived through February 15, 2020.
Evening MBA Admissions Process
What We Look For
- An academic background demonstrating strong intellectual capacity
- Professional experience demonstrating challenging assignments, career progression, carefully considered goals and a strong work ethic
- Personal qualities demonstrating leadership potential, initiative, involvement and integrity
- View class profile
A complete application consists of the following items, to be received by the noted admissions deadline:
- A completed application form (apply online)
- Application fee ($85 domestic applicants/ $95 international applicants, waived until February 15, 2020)
- Two comprehensive essays
- A professional resume
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- One copy of official transcripts* from each university, college or community college attended
- Official GMAT scores or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of the intended term of enrollment)
- Domicile Affidavit (for admitted domestic students only): Instructions found here on how to complete this form
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Also, include a copy of the grading scale or transcript key for each school transcript. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
View our application checklist, including information on how to prepare and complete your application.
Before You Begin
- Schedule to take the GMAT at www.mba.com and have results sent to Eller MBA, institution code 5ZT-9Z-5ZT-9Z-58 or The University of Arizona–MBA, Full-Time, or
- Schedule to take the GRE and have results sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832
- TOEFL score (this is a proof of English proficiency requirement for international applicants born in a country where English is not the official language). Results should be sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832.
- Update your professional resume.
- Ask two professional associates if they will recommend you to the program. Verify the correct spelling of names, titles and contact information.
- Gather the following :
- Citizenship information (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) GPAs
- Names of previously attended colleges and dates attended
- Names, titles, emails and mailing addresses of two recommenders (professional associates only)
Completing Your Application
|1||Apply Online from the Eller MBA website and create an account.|
|2||Prepare answers to the essay questions. Type or insert essay content into the text area of the essay section of the application. 300-750 words per essay.|
|3||Upload your updated resume and completed essays through the online application.|
|4||Pay the application fee by credit card online ($85 domestic applicants/ $95 international applicants, waived until February 15, 2020).|
|5||Prepare your recommenders' information in order to fill out the two recommendation forms in the application. This will send the recommendation form to your recommenders for completion.|
|6||We require an official transcript from each university, college or community college attended. International applicants must submit/present an official transcript and an official diploma (degree certification) in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college, during the formal enrollment process. Official school documents may be sent to:
Eller MBA Admissions
Submission of Electronic Transcripts: If you have an option to order electronic transcripts, please provide the institution name: Eller MBA Admissions, University of Arizona and email address: email@example.com. The electronic transcript must be sent to and received by a University of Arizona employee in order to be considered an official transcript by the University of Arizona Graduate College.
For additional information or assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the majority of the students in our evening program are domestic students, we do enroll a small number of international students, who are typically working for local companies.
Eller College welcomes the cultural experience and knowledge that international applicants add to the program. In addition to the materials listed in the Application Requirements, international applicants are required to submit the following:
- TOEFL score (this is a proof of English proficiency requirement for international applicants born in a country where English is not the official language). Results should be sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832
- One copy of official transcripts and one official copy of diploma(s) and/or degree certification, in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college*
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
Upon an initial screening of an applicant's file, the Admissions Committee determines if a candidate moves on to the next stage of consideration. Those candidates selected for further consideration are contacted to arrange for an interview. Interviews are required for Evening MBA program applicants and are conducted either by telephone or in person.
GMAT and GRE Waiver Eligibility
The GMAT/GRE are waived for those who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher from a U.S. regionally accredited not-for-profit institution, and are:
- Veterans or actively serving U.S. military personnel
- Peace Corps Volunteers who have completed their service
- Holders of STEM or terminal degrees such as MD, JD or PhD
- Those with a degree from an accredited business school may also be eligible
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
- GRE: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
- GMAT: 5ZT-9Z-90 or University of Arizona–MBA, Evening
We look forward to meeting you in person and encourage you to attend one of our information sessions. To attend an upcoming session, please sign up online or call us at 520-621-4008.
You may also request to attend one of our Evening MBA classes to get a taste of what life in the Eller MBA classroom is like. Please contact us for a schedule of classes.