Add formal MBA knowledge to years of experience with the Executive MBA
Program Costs, Scholarship Opportunity and Sponsorship
The Eller Executive MBA offers an exceptional value for senior professionals returning to school for an MBA. Financial aid may also defray costs for eligible students. View details on program costs.
We also offer the Community Leadership Scholarship, which covers partial costs of the EMBA program for exceptional candidates from the public and nonprofit sectors.
Many companies and organizations sponsor Eller EMBA participants, paying all or parts of the cost of attending the program. Learn more about sponsorship.
October 15: Early Decision
December 1: Round 1
February 15: Round 2
April 1: Priority Deadline
June 15: Final Deadline
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Executive MBA Admissions Process
Admission to the Eller Executive MBA requires a combination of application materials submitted by you and others and an interview with the Admissions Committee.
You will need to compile several documents for your application packet, some of which require careful consideration and work. Plan to spend eight to 12 hours preparing and gathering materials, including three to five hours in a setting that allows you to write and concentrate.
- The Eller Executive MBA is reserved for professionals with seven or more years of significant experience showing positions of leadership and progressive responsibility.
- Employees with less experience may also be admitted if their career history demonstrates leadership potential and successful management of significant projects and assignments. These employees must procure a letter of endorsement from an executive-level supervisor.
- Reserving admission for this select group allows for a more advanced curriculum with a focus on executive-level analyses and challenges and creates a class of professionals with equitable levels of experience and industry influence.
- View class profile
Required Application Materials
A complete application consists of the following items, to be received by the noted admissions deadline:
- A completed application form (apply online)
- Two comprehensive essays
- A professional resume
- Two professional letters of recommendation and completed recommendation forms from two professional associates
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. For applicants with international school documents, please submit/present an official transcript and an official diploma (degree certification) in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college, during the formal enrollment process.*
- TOEFL score (This is a proof of English proficiency requirement for international applicants born in a country where English is not the official language)
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Also, include a copy of the grading scale or transcript key for each school transcript. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
View our application checklist, including information on how to prepare and complete your application.
Before You Begin
- If you are an international student from a country other than the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or English-speaking Canada, arrange to take the TOEFL in time to submit test scores before the application deadline.
- Update your professional resume.
- Ask two professional associates if they will recommend you to the program. Verify the correct spelling of names, titles and contact information.
- Gather the following :
- Citizenship information (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) GPAs
- Names of previously attended colleges and dates attended
- Names, titles, emails and mailing addresses of two recommenders (professional associates only)
Completing Your Application
|1||Apply Online link from the Eller MBA website and create an account.|
|2||Prepare answers to the essay questions. Type or insert essay content into the text area of the essay section of the application. 300-750 words per essay.|
|3||Upload your updated resume and completed essays through the online application.|
|4||We require an official transcript from each university, college, or community college attended. International applicants must submit/present an official transcript and an official diploma (degree certification) in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college, during the formal enrollment process. Official school documents may be sent to:
Eller MBA Admissions
Submission of Electronic Transcripts: If you have an option to order electronic transcripts, please provide the institution name: Eller MBA Admissions, University of Arizona and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The electronic transcript must be sent to and received by a University of Arizona employee in order to be considered an official transcript by the University of Arizona Graduate College.
|5||Prepare your recommenders' information in order to fill out the two recommendation forms in the application. This will send the recommendation form to your recommenders for completion.|
|6||Pay the $100 application fee by credit card.|
|7||Submit your application.|
For additional information or assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Because applicants’ professional experience and accomplishments provide evidence of their business acumen and suitability for an MBA program, the Eller Executive MBA waives GMAT testing.
If the Admissions Committee identifies you as a viable program candidate after reviewing your complete application, we will contact you to schedule an interview before our final admission decision. The Admissions Committee will not review partially complete applications
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
We look forward to meeting you in person and encourage you to attend one of our information sessions. To attend an upcoming session, please sign up online or call us at 520-621-4008.
We invite and encourage all applicants for the Eller Executive MBA program to visit us at the UA Biomedical Campus in downtown Phoenix. We'll arrange for you to sit in on a class to get an up-close look at life as an Eller MBA student, have lunch with current students, and meet our outstanding faculty.
We can also schedule an interview with a member of Team Eller MBA.
To visit an Eller EMBA class, please contact Nicole Dupre, assistant director of admissions, at 602-827-2595.