We look for students who bring both skills and a passion for the field.
Applicants are reviewed as a whole person—the selection committee will consider all parts of every application submitted, including the essays and letters of recommendation. We want the best students in our Master's program, but we do not have a maximum or minimum number of students that we accept each year.
January 15: Fall Admission
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (domestic students) or a U.S.-comparable bachelor degree (international students).
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher. International applicants must calculate their entrance GPA using the UA Graduate College GPA Calculator. PLUS applicants will be asked to upload a screen shot of the GPA results during the application process.
When applying, you will need to provide the following:
- Copies of GMAT or GRE scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. The test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. (No minimum score requirement)
- GRE –use school code 4832
- GMAT – Eller College of Management, MSMIS
- Copies of TOEFL/IELTS scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores - use school code 4832 (for international applicants only who have not graduated from an institution in the U.S. (degree must not be older than two years from the term of enrollment). Test must have been taken within two years of the intended term of enrollment. Minimum TOEFL score of 80 internet based testing, IELTS test composite score of 7 (no subject area below 6.)
- Copies of official transcripts/academic records (uploaded during online application process)
- Official transcripts/academic records (official documents needed ONLY after being admitted into program.)
- From a US institution: Final, official transcript showing degree awarded with conferred date
- From an international institution: Final, official transcripts/academic records showing degree awarded with conferred date and/or official degree/diploma certificate More details here on accepted transcripts/academic records
In addition to work experience with dates of employment, your resume should include education, awards and honors, memberships, leadership experience, and participation in professional organizations. (uploaded during online application process)
Statement of Purpose
The MIS Department welcomes applications from a wide range of academic backgrounds, professional interests and personal aspirations. As a way of sharing your personal vision, please prepare a written statement that describes why you are interested in a career in information systems, your specific interests in the academic programs of the MIS Department and how earning a Master’s degree in MIS from the University of Arizona will contribute to you achieving your professional goals. (uploaded during online application process)
Letters of Recommendation
Request letters from two people who can speak to your eligibility for this program. (uploaded during online application process)
Completed Graduate College Application
Prerequisite Skills and Knowledge
- Business: If you do not have a sufficient business background, you may be required to take up to two business courses. You will be informed of this requirement upon admittance.
- Technical: Before joining our program, students should have experience in computer and Web programming. Students should have knowledge and experience with (1) Java and (2) JSP and Servlets, PHP or .NET/J2EE. Knowledge of database connectivity via ODBC or JDBC is also recommended.
|Work Experience (months)||27||23||27||35||33||35||32|
Note: Applicants must provide either a GRE or GMAT score, not both. Tests must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. No score minimum.
* TOEFL scores applicable for international applicants only.
AZSecure Cybersecurity Program
Top students in the Master’s in MIS program can pursue an AZSecure Cybersecurity Fellowship to build a strong background in information assurance plus excellent technical, managerial and research skills. It’s a highly selective program with tracks in government and industry.
Technology Leadership Dual-Degree Program
Our elite Technology Leadership Program affords the top admitted students the opportunity to receive both the MS MIS and an MBA in only two and a half years of study—including two summer internships, group collaboration, consulting projects, case competitions and professional development.