Seeking Students Who Co-create their MBA Experience
Our goal in admissions is to work closely with you to ensure your application process is personal, simple and successful.
We look for students who bring strengths and aspirations to our online learning environment and who possess the ability to be part of an MBA program in which they are the co-creators of their experience.
The Online MBA has six start dates per year:
September 2: Fall 1
October 28: Fall 2
January 13: Spring 1
March 9: Spring 2
May 11: Summer 1
July 6: Summer 2
Application deadlines are approximately one month before each start date.
Online MBA Admissions Process
What We Look For
- An academic background demonstrating strong intellectual capacity
- Professional experience demonstrating challenging assignments, career progression, carefully considered goals and a strong work ethic
- Personal qualities demonstrating leadership potential, initiative, involvement and integrity
- View class profile
A complete application consists of the following items, to be received by the noted admissions deadline:
- A completed application form (apply online)
- Application fee ($85 domestic applicants/ $95 international applicants)
- A comprehensive essay
- A professional resume
- One professional letter of recommendation
- One copy of official transcripts* from each university, college, or community college attended
- Official GMAT scores or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of the intended term of enrollment)
GMAT/GRE requirement currently being waived for Fall 2020!
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Also include a copy of the grading scale or transcript key for each school transcript. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
View our application checklist, including information on how to prepare and complete your application.
Before You Begin
- Schedule to take the GMAT at www.mba.com and have results sent to Eller MBA, institution code 5ZT-9Z-64
- TOEFL score (this is a proof of English proficiency requirement for international applicants born in a country where English is not the official language). Results should be sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832.
- Update your professional resume.
- Ask three professional associates if they will recommend you to the program—verify the correct spelling of names, titles and contact information, including email address.
- Consider the following to prepare for writing your essay:
- How will the Eller Online MBA affect your short- and long-term career goals?
- What do you bring to the program that others could benefit from?
- Why is this a good time for you to pursue an Eller Online MBA
6. Gather the following to complete the biographical sections of the application:
- Citizenship information (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) GPAs
- Names of previously attended colleges and dates attended
- Names, titles, emails, and mailing addresses of a recommender (professional associate only)
Completing Your Application
|1||Apply Online link from the Eller MBA website and create an account.|
|2||Have the information you've gathered on hand and complete the biographical sections of the online application.|
|3||Upload your essay response to the question, "What are your short-term and long-term goals and how will the Eller MBA help you achieve them?" Please double-space, use 12-point font, and do not exceed 750 words.|
|4||Upload your updated resume through the online application.|
|5||Pay the application fee by credit card online ($85 domestic applicants/ $95 international applicants, waived until February 15, 2020).|
|6||Register your recommenders to enable them to submit their recommendation online.|
|7||We require an official transcript from each university, college, or community college attended. International applicants must submit/present an official transcript and an official diploma (degree certification) in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college, during the formal enrollment process. Official school documents may be sent to:
Eller MBA Admissions
Submission of Electronic Transcripts: If you have an option to order electronic transcripts, please provide the institution name: Eller MBA Admissions, University of Arizona and email address: email@example.com. The electronic transcript must be sent to and received by a University of Arizona employee, in order to be considered an official transcript by the University of Arizona Graduate College.
For additional information or assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eller College welcomes the cultural experience and knowledge that international applicants add to the program. The Online MBA is an ideal means for students from around the globe to earn their MBA. In addition to the materials listed in the Application Requirements, international applicants are required to submit the following:
- TOEFL score (this is a proof of English proficiency requirement for international applicants born in a country where English is not the official language). Results should be sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832
- One copy of official transcripts and one official copy of diploma(s) and/or degree certification both in the native language and in English*
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
Upon an initial screening of an applicant's file, the Admissions Committee determines whether a candidate moves on to the next stage of consideration. Those candidates selected for further consideration are contacted to arrange an interview.
Interviews are required for all online applicants and will be conducted via telephone or video conference.
GMAT and GRE Waiver Eligibility
The GMAT/GRE is waived for those prospective applicants who hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited not-for-profit institution AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Veterans or actively serving U.S. military personnel who hold a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited not-for-profit institution
- Peace Corps Volunteers* who have completed their service
- Those with a departmentally approved bachelor's degree from a Business Management related field and/or STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) discipline with a GPA of 3.5 or higher may also qualify; please send us your transcript for approval
- Holders of a terminal degree such as MD, JD or PhD
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
- GMAT: 5ZT-9Z-64 or University of Arizona
- GRE: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)