Seeking Students Who Co-create Their MBA Experience
Our goal in admissions is to work closely with you to ensure your application process is personal, simple and successful. We look for students who bring strength and aspiration to our student-centered learning environment and possess the ability to be part of an MBA program in which they are the co-creators of their experience.
The Personal Touch
At Eller, we pride ourselves on the personal touch. We will work individually with you through the research and application process to ensure your success.
December 1: Guaranteed Early Decision
February 28: Priority Consideration and International Applicant Final Deadline
March 30: Standard Deadline
May 15: Final DeadlineEXTENDED
Full-time MBA Admissions Process
What We Look For
- An academic background demonstrating strong intellectual capacity
- Professional experience demonstrating challenging assignments, career progression, carefully considered goals and a strong work ethic
- Personal qualities demonstrating leadership potential, initiative, involvement and integrity
- View class profile
A complete application consists of the following items, to be received by the noted admissions deadline:
- A completed application form (apply online)
- Application fee ($100)
- Two comprehensive essays (an optional third essay is required for scholarship consideration)
- A professional resume
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- One copy of official transcripts* from each university, college or community college attended
- Official GMAT scores or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment)
- Domicile Affidavit (for admitted domestic students only): Instructions found here on how to complete this form
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Also include a copy of the grading scale or transcript key for each school transcript. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
View our application checklist, including information on how to prepare and complete your application.
Before You Begin
- Schedule to take the GMAT at www.mba.com and have results sent to Eller MBA, institution code 5ZT-9Z-5ZT-9Z-58 or The University of Arizona–MBA, Full-Time, or
- Schedule to take the GRE and have results sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832
- If English is not your first language, arrange to take the TOEFL in time to submit test scores before the application deadline. Results should be sent to The University of Arizona Institution Code: 4832
- Update your professional resume.
- Ask two professional associates if they will recommend you to the program—verify correct spelling of names, titles and mailing addresses.
- Gather the following to complete the biographical sections of the application:
- Citizenship information (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) GPAs
- Names of previously attended colleges and dates attended
- Names, titles, emails and mailing addresses of two recommenders (preferably professional associates)
Completing Your Application
|1||Apply Online from the Eller MBA website and create an account.|
|2||Prepare answers to the essay questions. Type or insert essay content into the text area of the essay section of the application. 300-750 words per essay.|
|3||We require an official transcript from each university, college or community college attended. International applicants must submit/present an official transcript and an official diploma (degree certification) in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college, during the formal enrollment process. Official school documents may be sent to:
Eller MBA Admissions
Submission of Electronic Transcripts: If you have an option to order electronic transcripts, please provide the institution name: Eller MBA Admissions, University of Arizona and email address: email@example.com. The electronic transcript must be sent to and received by a University of Arizona employee, in order to be considered an official transcript by the University of Arizona Graduate College.
|4||Prepare your recommenders' information in order to fill out the two recommendation forms in the application. This will send the recommendation form to your recommenders for completion.|
|5||Have the information you've gathered on hand and complete the biographical sections of the online application.|
|6||Upload your updated resume and completed essays through the online application.|
|7||Official GMAT scores or GRE scores.|
|8||Official TOEFL scores (international applicants only) of at least 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (Internet-based).|
|9||Pay the $100 application fee by credit card online.|
For additional information or assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eller College welcomes the cultural experience and knowledge that international applicants add to the program. In addition to the materials listed in the Application Requirements, international applicants are required to submit the following:
- TOEFL scores
- An official transcript and an official copy of diploma(s) and/or degree certification, in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college*
- Financial guarantee**
If you are an international applicant and/or would like to be considered for a scholarship, we encourage you to apply by the first deadline. All international applicants must apply by the noted deadline to be considered for admission.
* We will accept unofficial versions of your school documents for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official school documents to be submitted. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
** Admitted international applicants to the Eller MBA program are required to provide documentation guaranteeing financial support to fund both years of the MBA program. A Financial Guarantee Form is included in the application. This form will provide the legal document used to process the applicant’s visa application. The Financial Guarantee Form is processed by the University of Arizona Graduate College Visa Office and not by the Eller MBA Program.
Upon an initial screening of an applicant's file, the Admissions Committee determines whether a candidate moves on to the next stage of consideration. Those candidates selected for further consideration are contacted to arrange an interview.
Interviews are required for all full-time applicants and may be conducted in person on campus or on location during recruiting fairs worldwide (view more information). Telephone or Skype interviews can be arranged for domestic and international applicants and for those applicants who reside outside of Arizona.
GMAT and GRE Waiver Eligibility
The GMAT/GRE are waived for those who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher from a regionally accredited not-for-profit institution and are:
- Veterans or actively serving U.S. military personnel
- Peace Corps Volunteers* who have completed their service
- Holders of a terminal degree such as MD, JD or PhD
However, if you would like to be considered for scholarship opportunities, the GMAT (preferred) or GRE is required.
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
- GRE: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
- GMAT: 5ZT-9Z-58 or University of Arizona–MBA, Full-Time
We invite and encourage all applicants for the Eller Full-Time MBA program to visit us in Tucson. We are located in the beautiful Sonoran desert in Arizona and know you'll be delighted by your visit.
We'll arrange for you to sit in on a class to get an up-close look at life as an Eller MBA student, have lunch with current students and meet our outstanding faculty.
We can also schedule an appointment with a member of Team Eller MBA for additional information on the Eller MBA programs.
To schedule a visit, please call 520-621-4008.