Fall Graduation Events
Updated February 13, 2020.
Please read below for detailed information about spring graduation events:
- Eller College Graduation Convocation
- Major-Specific Celebrations
- University-Wide Commencement Ceremony
- Eller Legacy Plaza
- Good Luck Lines
Eller College Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony
Date, time and location: TBD
- Convocation begins at TBD. and will last an hour and a half
- Graduating student check-in begins one hour before the ceremony. Graduates must be checked in no later than 30 minutes before the ceremony.
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must use the convocation form.
Graduates will receive an email when the convocation form is made available. Students will have an ample time period to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Spring Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the online College survey and convocation form once it has opened, please follow these steps:
- Login to eSMS at student.esms.arizona.edu
- Click on "Convocation" at the top of the page
- Complete all steps listed
- Check-in begins one hour before the ceremony. Graduates will be provided instructions on where to check-in.
- Graduates must be checked in 30 minutes prior to the ceremony start time to guarantee recognition
- The ceremony will start at TBD.
- Graduates must register prior to entering the ceremony venue in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- All students will sit in the designated student section and will be recognized individually in the order that they are seated.
- All guests will need a ticket to attend the event; however, tickets are free. Instructions on how to pick up tickets will be provided to graduates.
- Students will be limited on the number of tickets that they are allowed to request.
- Doors to the ceremony venue will open one hour prior to the ceremony to allow early seating of guests.
- Please note: Although guests must have a ticket to enter the ceremony, all guest seating is general admission style and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Seats inside the venue are not assigned. We do permit saving of seats.
- Students are required to wear cap and gown and encouraged to wear any awards, such as cords or stoles.
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
- Parking and Transportation Services provides complimentary parking for visitors attending Convocation ceremonies on campus. Parking will be available in the Tyndall Garage and the Main Gate Garage on a space-available basis.
- Please be sure to check signage for any surface parking lots as monitoring days and hours can vary from lot to lot.
- For additional information about parking locations, please visit parking.arizona.edu/parking/maps.
Flowers will be available for sale at the ceremony venue on the day of the ceremony.
The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities. Please visit https://commencement.arizona.edu for information related to accessibility at our Undergraduate Convocation ceremony in Centennial Hall. To request accommodations or ask questions regarding seating, please contact the UA Disability Resource Center at 520-621-3268. Please contact Catherine Mazzola, UA communications access manager, to arrange a sign language interpreter or CART.
Department celebrations may or may not be open to guests. Information about the event and attendance will be shared by the individual department with Graduates. Departments may choose to not hold events in December. Please contact the individual academic departments for additional information about their events.
Business Administration: TBD
Business Management: TBD
Business Economics and Economics (BA): TBD
Management Information Systems and Operations Management: TBD
University-wide Commencement Ceremony
Commencement will be Friday, May 15, 2020 in Arizona Stadium. The University does not hold a commencement ceremony in December. December graduates are asked to choose to participate in either the Spring Commencement before their expected graduation date or the following Spring Commencement. Students are not eligible to participate twice. For additional information on eligibility to attend the University-wide Commencement, please visit https://commencement.arizona.edu.
Eller Legacy Plaza
Engrave a message to live at Eller for years to come. Multiple size bricks at varying price points are available.
Good Luck Lines
Families and guests have the opportunity to put a message honoring a graduating senior in the convocation program. Each full ad costs $35 and includes four lines of text with up to 40 characters on each line.