Undergraduate Spring Graduation
Spring Graduation Events
Updated January 2024.
Please read below for detailed information about spring graduation events:
- Eller College Graduation Convocation
- Major-specific Celebrations
- University-wide Commencement Ceremony
- Eller Legacy Plaza
- Good Luck Lines
Eller College Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony
Saturday, May 11, 2024 at 9 a.m.
McKale Memorial Center
- Convocation begins at 9 a.m. and will last two hours.
- Graduating student check-in begins one hour before the ceremony. Graduates must be checked in no later than 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must use the convocation form.
Graduates will receive an email when the convocation form is made available. Students will have an ample time period to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Spring Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the online College survey and convocation form once it has opened, please follow these steps:
- Login to eSMS at student.esms.arizona.edu
- Click on "Convocation" at the top of the page
- Complete all steps listed
- Check-in begins at 8 a.m. on the east side of the McKale Center.
- Graduates must be checked in no later than 30 minutes before the ceremony is scheduled to start.
- Time of event is 9 a.m.
- Students must register prior to entering McKale Center in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- All students will sit in the student section on the floor of McKale and will be recognized individually in the order that they are seated.
- Guests do not need to purchase tickets to attend.
- This event is open to any and all friends and family of Eller College graduating seniors, however guest seating will be limited. We ask that graduates bring no more than 10 guests.
- The doors to McKale Center will open at 8 a.m. to allow early seating of guests.
- All guest seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We do allow saving of seats—a representative from a group may save seats for the full party.
Please note: McKale does have a clear bag policy in place. This policy limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venue.
- Students should dress professionally and wear any awards, such as cords for Honors College or your leadership stole from your student organization. Students can also wear a cap and tassel if they would like, but please no gowns.
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
Parking will be available to students, guests and visitors in visitor parking garages free of charge on a space available basis. We recommend that attendees of the Eller Convocation park in Cherry Ave and Sixth Street Garages.
The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities. Please visit DRC's graduation access page for information related to accessibility at our Undergraduate Convocation as well as at the University Wide Commencement. All seating is first come first served. To request accommodations, please contact the UA Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department celebrations may or may not be open to guests. Please contact the individual academic departments for additional information about their events.
Business Administration: TBD
Business Management: TBD
Business Economics and Economics (BA): TBD
Management Information Systems and Operations Management: TBD
University-wide Commencement Ceremony
Commencement will be Friday, May 10, 2024.
This event is also open to anyone to attend. No tickets are required for guests, but an RSVP for a headcount is requested.
Once the RSVP has opened, students should go to commencement.arizona.edu and click the the RSVP link for undergraduate ceremony. Log in in with your UA NetId and password and you will access the form that asks if the student will be attending, the college from which they will be graduating, and the number of guests (not including the student) who will attend the Stadium ceremony on Friday evening.
Diplomas are not distributed at the event since undergraduates will be recognized by colleges rather than individually. Diplomas are typically mailed a few weeks after final grades are verified to your permanent address, which you can check on UAccess.
All guests will be required to follow campus health and safety protocols in place at the time of this event as well as adhere to any existing state and local guidelines. In addition, this event may be cancelled or changed on short notice due to public health circumstances. For updates and information, please visit https://covid19.arizona.edu/updates.