The H Index for Management Information Systems
- The H Index for MIS, March 2022
- The H Index for MIS, May 2020
- The H Index for MIS, February 2019
- The H Index for MIS, January 2017
- The H Index for MIS, April 2015, with updates for February 2016
- The H Index for MIS, September 2012
- The H Index for MIS, December 2010
- Hu, P., and Chen, H. 2011. Analyzing information systems researchers' productivity and impacts: A perspective on the H index. Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp. 7:1 - 7:8.
MIS Journals and Publications Overview
- H. Chen. Design Science, Grand Challenges, and Societal Impacts. Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp. 1:1 - 1:10.
- G. B. Davis, P. Gray, S. Madnick, J. F. Nunamaker, R. Sprague, and A. Whinston. Ideas for the Future of the IS Field. Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp. 2:1 - 2:15.
- Journals, Conferences, and Funding Sources for Management Information Systems (MIS) Researchers and Educators: A Resource Guide, by Dr. Hsinchun Chen, 2003.
- ISI Ranking of Top Computer Science and Information Systems Journals, from the ISI Web of Knowledge, 2004-2007
- Top IT-related SCI-Indexed Journals, 2006
IT and MIS Research and the Future
- IT Research and Publication: My Experience, by Dr. Hsinchun Chen, 2005.
- MIS Future: Past, Present, and Future (My Biased View), by Dr. Hsinchun Chen, 2008
- Ph.D. Advice: Useful Things to Know About Ph.D. Thesis Research, by Dr. H. T. Kung, Harvard University
MIS at the University of Arizona
- University of Arizona MIS Program: Overview, by Dr. Hsinchun Chen, 2021
- AZSecure Cybersecurity Fellowship Program - Scholarship for Service (SFS)
- Link to Class Resources page
- Template for Producing IT Research and Publication, by Dr. Hsinchun Chen, 2019
- Publishing in Major Journals & Getting Major Grants Consistently, by Dr. Hsinchun Chen, 2020
- Template for Producing Research Papers in the AI Lab, by Byron Marshall, Dan McDonald, Zan Huang, and Jennifer Xu, 2005
- Artificial Intelligence Lab Research Bootcamp, by Dr. Sagar Samtani, 2020
- NSF Grants Template, by Dr. Sagar Samtani, 2020
- Dark Web and Privacy Analytics Research: Hands-on Training and Planning, by Ebrahimi et. al., 2020
- Smart Vulnerability Assessment for OS/VM, GitHub, IoT: An Overview, by Ullman et. al., 2020
- UA/Eller/MIS AZSecure Cybersecurity Program Overview, by Hsinchun Chen, October 2021
- AZSecure Overview, U of Maryland Seminar, by Hsinchun Chen, October 2021
- AZSecure Overview, SKM Conference, by Hsinchun Chen, October 2021
Sample MISQ Papers
- CyberGate: A Design Framework and System for Text Analysis of Computer-Mediated Communication, by Abassi et. al., 2008
- Detecting Fake Websites: The Contribution of Statistical Learning Theory, by Abassi et. al., 2010
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: From Big Data to Big Impact, by Chen et. al., 2012
- Healthcare Predictive Analytics for Risk Profiling in Chronic Care: a Bayesian Multitask Learning Approach, by Lin et. al., 2017
- DICE-E: A Framework for Conducting Darknet Identification, Collection, Evaluation with Ethics, by Benjamin et. al., 2019
- Connecting Systems, Data, and People: A Multidisciplinary Research Roadmap for Chronic Disease Management, by Bardhan et. al., 2020
- Finding People with Emotional Distress in Online Social Media: A Design Combining Machine Learning and Rule-based Classification, by Chau et. al., 2020
- A Deep Learning Approach for Recognizing Activity of Daily Living (ADL) for Senior Care: Exploiting Interaction Dependency and Temporal Patterns, by Zhu et. al., 2020
Sample NSF Proposals/Grants
- NSF SFS-1, Principal investigator (PI), (with co-PIs, P. Goes, S. Hariri, M. Patton), NSF, CyberCorps SFS Program, “Cybersecurity Scholarship-for-Service at the University of Arizona," $5,312,942, DUE-1303362, September 2013-August 2019.
- NSF SaTC, Principal investigator (PI), (with co-PIs, S. Hariri, T. Holt, R. Breiger), NSF, Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) Program, “Securing Cyber Space: Understanding the Cyber Attacks and Attacks via Social Media Analytics,” $1,190,722, SES-1314631, September 2013-August 2018.
- NSF DIBBs, Principal investigator (PI), NSF, Data Infrastructure Building Blocks (DIBBs), “CIF21: DIBBs for Intelligent and Security Informatics Research and Community,” $1,500,000, October 2014-September 2018, ACI-1443019.