PREMIER is an exclusive opportunity for Eller freshmen to develop professionally, obtain new business and leadership skills and network with peers.
PREMIER is held in the spring semester and meets once weekly, and consists of a series of workshops and activities facilitated by Eller staff and students. The activities in PREMIER engage students and challenge them to explore their leadership and professionalism in the areas of the Eller Student Scorecard. The Eller Student Scorecard identifies competencies that the top employers of Eller Graduates value the most in their new hires: leadership, communication, collaboration, analytical skills, technical skills and experience. These activities are hands-on and highly collaborative, leading up to a case competition among PREMIER students. In this way, the freshmen that participate in PREMIER are accelerating the trajectory of their leadership, engagement, and professional development in their time in the Eller College. Upon occasion, PREMIER participants have additional access to employers or recruiters of Eller students.
Meetings will take place on Wednesdays at 5 p.m. so please schedule your classes accordingly for Spring 2019.
For additional information, please email Stephanie Hanson, educational specialist, at email@example.com.
Who Should Join the PREMIER?
Freshman Pre-Business and Pre-Economics students who are seeking involvement, leadership opportunities and to grow through hands on learning should apply to be part of the PREMIER cohort.
Our stakeholders are the PREMIER students who will be able to:
- Identify within an Eller Pre-Professional Community
- Demonstrate commitment to an education at the University of Arizona
- Apply foundational professional skills to a real-life case study
- Learn Eller Student Scorecard skills of Leadership, Communication, Collaboration, Analytics, Technical Skills and Experience
- UA Pre-Business or Pre-Economics freshman
- $75 experience fee upon acceptance into the program
- Must attend at least 80 percent of meetings
- Pam Perry, associate dean, Eller College Undergraduate Programs
- Stephanie Hanson, educational specialist, Eller College Undergraduate Programs
- Katelyn Rose, career coach, Eller College Undergraduate Programs
Start your PREMIER Freshman Honorary Experience by completing the application below by November 15, 2018:
- An Eller staff member will contact you regarding next steps for the experience
- Those selected will be notified by email