PREMIER is an exclusive opportunity for Eller first year students to develop professionally, obtain new business and leadership skills and network with peers.
PREMIER is held in the spring semester and meets once weekly, and consists of a series of workshops and activities facilitated by Eller staff and students. The activities in PREMIER engage students and challenge them to explore their leadership and professionalism in the areas of the Eller student scorecard. The Eller student scorecard identifies competencies that the top employers of Eller graduates value the most in their new hires: leadership, communication, collaboration, analytical skills, technical skills and experience. These activities are hands-on and highly collaborative, leading up to a case competition among PREMIER students. In this way, the first year students that participate in PREMIER are accelerating the trajectory of their leadership, engagement and professional development in their time in the Eller College. Upon occasion, PREMIER participants have additional access to employers or recruiters of Eller students.
Meetings will take place on Wednesdays at 5 p.m. (Arizona Time) so please schedule your classes accordingly for Spring 2022.
For additional information, please email Stephanie Hanson, Assistant Director of Academic Advising, at email@example.com.
Who Should Join PREMIER?
First Year Pre-Business and Pre-Economics students who are seeking involvement, leadership opportunities and to grow through hands on learning should apply to be part of the PREMIER cohort.
Our stakeholders are the PREMIER students who will be able to:
- Identify within an Eller Pre-professional community
- Demonstrate commitment to an education at the University of Arizona
- Apply foundational professional skills to a real-life case study
- Learn Eller student scorecard skills of leadership, communication, collaboration, analytics, technical skills and experience
- UA Pre-Business or Pre-Economics first year students
- Experience fee once accepted into the program: $75 for a in-person experience fee or a $50 virtual experience fee. Modality determinations for Spring 2022 have not officially been made yet, but in person is planned.
- Scholarships are available for students with financial need. Please contact Stephanie Hanson.
- Must attend at least 80 percent of meetings
- Stephanie Hanson, Assistant Director, Academic Advising
Start your PREMIER First Year Honorary Experience by completing the application below by November 17, 2021:
- A member of the PREMIER Alumni Council will contact you regarding next steps for the experience
- Those selected will be notified by email and instructed to submit their experience fee to confirm their acceptance