Academic Advising is an important part of student success.
Beyond determining course and major tracking and registering for classes, Eller Academic Advisors guide students to campus resources, clarify university policies, and engage students in developing academic goals.
The Eller College offers several options for advising. Select the best one for your needs:
Scheduled Advising Appointments
Appoints available view In-Person, Zoom, or Phone. Please schedule appointments through eSMS.
- 30-minute academic advising, career coaching, and global advising appointments available to Eller students
- New appointments are posted each Wednesday morning for the upcoming week
- Advising appointments are available via In-Person, Zoom or Phone
Meet Your Advisor
The Eller Undergraduate Programs advising team is listed below. Students in the Foundational Phase are alphabetically assigned to a Pre-Business or Foundational Business Management advisor based on the first letter of their last name. Students who have gained professional admission are assigned to their major advisor. Students admitted to the Honors College work with the Eller Honors Advisor while they are in the Pre-Business/Foundational Business Management major and then also work closely with their major advisor once they have gained professional admission.
Please select your advisor below, based on your campus:
Main Campus Foundational Team
Main Campus Professional Team
Online Campus Team
What to expect from Eller Academic Advising
Eller Undergraduate Programs aims to provide quality academic advising to all students, with the goal of supporting them toward achieving their academic goals. Every Eller student is assigned an Academic Advisor, but the entire advising team is cross-trained to support all Eller students. Students are encouraged to proactively meet with their Academic Advisor throughout the academic year to ensure that they are on track toward completing all requirements.
Advising appointments are posted weekly, around 9:00 am MST on Wednesdays. Although advising appointments tend to fill during peak times throughout the academic year, we offer Drop-In Advising Mondays-Friday to ensure students receive timely answers to their advising questions. We endeavor to respond to emails in a timely fashion, but students may experience delays during peak times.
- Students are expected to be actively engaged in their academic experience. This includes engaging in their coursework, actively participating in advising appointments, and staying aware of academic dates and deadlines.
- Students are expected to schedule academic advising appointments, join Drop-In Advising, or email questions to their Academic Advisor.
- Students are expected to read all university emails sent to their CatMail account, which often include reminders sent by their Academic Advisor.
- Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behavior and communication in accordance with the University Code of Conduct.
- Advisors are expected to provide academic advising services to students during business hours in a variety of modalities (in-person, Zoom, phone, and email).
- Advisors are expected to answer academic questions related to Eller requirements, General Education courses, and other academic options (including dual degrees, minors, and certificates), and ask probing questions.
- Advisors are expected to integrate career exploration and preparedness into advising conversations.
- Advisors are expected to guide students to a variety of resources available in the Eller College, the University of Arizona, and the surrounding community.
- Advisors are expected to treat each student with dignity and respect in their endeavors to create a sense of belongingness in the Eller College.