The Global Business Program (GBP) is a customized 18-unit thematic minor program open only to Eller College students.
The GBP is open to all Eller students who have an interest expanding their knowledge of international business and the desire to become a global citizen.
Eller students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the GBP:
- Declared Pre-Professional or Eller Major (Upper division core courses can only be taken once students has been admitted through Professional Admissions or Advanced Standing)
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis (apply now)
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Students are encouraged to begin taking Global Business Program electives prior to applying.
Required Core Courses
- BNAD 449 International Business Environments-Fall semester (includes Mexico Study Tour)
- BNAD 450 Principles of International Business-Spring semester
- One Upper Division (3 units)
- Three Lower Division (9 units)
Elective Unit Policy
- Tier One Gen Eds cannot be used towards GBP electives
- Tier Two Gen Ed courses can be used to count towards GBP electives
- However, only two of these classes will qualify for the GBP
- No "double-dipping" of upper-division Eller College courses for GBP electives
- Students are encouraged to take pre-approved Global Business Program courses while abroad
Not sure where to start? Click one of the following buttons to explore course options:
Mexico Study Tour
The Mexico Study Tour is a required component of the GBP minor and is embedded in the Fall BNAD 449 class.
- Fall 2019 dates: October 2 - 5, 2019
- Four day faculty-led program
- Participate in a case analysis with local university students
- Visit multinational companies
- Experience local cultural attractions and activities
- Included in the BNAD 449 course fee and paid through your Bursar's account
- Fee includes: international round-trip airfare, accommodations, some meals, on site transportation, cultural excursions and business visits
Global Business Program Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Global Business Program. Please follow these easy steps to complete your application:
1. Log into your eSMS Account
2. Use your NetID and Password
3. Go to: Applications
4. Click on: Global Minor
5. Click on: Add Global Business Minor
6. Follow the steps!