Undergraduate Global Business Program
The Global Business Program (GBP) is a customized 18-unit thematic minor program open only to Eller College students.
The GBP is open to all Eller students who have an interest expanding their knowledge of international business and the desire to become a global citizen.
Eller students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the GBP:
- Declared Eller Foundational or Professional Major (Upper division core courses can only be taken once students has been admitted through Professional Admissions or Advanced Standing)
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis (apply now)
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher
- Students are encouraged to begin taking Global Business Program electives prior to applying.
Required Core Courses
- BNAD 449 International Business Environments-Fall semester (includes Mexico Study Tour)
- BNAD 450 Principles of International Business-Spring semester
- One Upper Division (3 credits)
- Three Lower Division (9 credits)
Elective Unit Policy
- Tier One Gen Eds cannot be used towards GBP electives
- Tier Two Gen Ed courses can be used to count towards GBP electives
- However, only two of these classes will qualify for the GBP
- No "double-dipping" of upper-division Eller College courses for GBP electives
- Students are encouraged to take pre-approved Global Business Program courses while abroad
Not sure where to start? Click one of the following buttons to explore course options:
Elective Approval Process
If you find a course that you are interested in taking, and it is not listed on the Global Business Program Elective spreadsheet, please obtain approval before enrolling in the course so that you will be certain it will satisfy one of your elective requirements. All elective courses must be numbered 200 or higher, and have a global focus.
To obtain approval, please email Lauren Findlow, the assistant director of global programs, with the course prefix, number, and name (ex: ITAL 230 - Introduction to Italian Culture). The department will then review your elective course request and determine if it is appropriate. You will be notified if your elective choice is approved or denied by email. Please keep a copy of this email for your records.
If your elective is approved, and later you decide that you want to use a different course to fulfill your elective requirement, please submit a second request for the new course to approved.
Mexico Study Tour
The Fall 2023 Mexico City Study Tour has been cancelled.
- Required component of the GBP minor and is embedded in the BNAD 449 class
- Four-day faculty-led program, accompanied by faculty and staff
- Participate in a case analysis with local university students
- Network with multinational companies and University of Arizona alumni
- Visit local cultural attractions
- The BNAD 449 course fee is $1,500 and is billed through your Bursar's account
- Fee includes: international round-trip airfare, accommodations, on-site transportation, cultural excursions, and business visits
- Fee does not include: personal expenses and all meals
Global Business Program Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Global Business Program. Please follow these easy steps to complete your application:
1. Log into your eSMS Account
2. Use your NetID and Password
3. Go to: Applications
4. Click on: Global Minor
5. Click on: Add Global Business Minor
6. Follow the steps