Are you interested in using the skills you’re learning in Eller classes to make your community a better place to live and work? Do you have a passion for affecting positive social impact in the world around you? If so, consider pursuing the Eller Social Innovation (ESI) undergraduate Certificate in Social Innovation.
ESI is an Eller initiative that provides information, people, partnerships, resources and tools to Southern Arizona social change makers, while fostering skill development and civic responsibility in UA students.
These activities will lead to:
- Students and social impact professionals growing stronger skill sets.
- Nonprofits and others expanding their capacity to improve our community.
The ESI Certificate is a customized 9 unit Certificate available to current Eller BSBA students only. The ESI certificate may be added to any Eller upper division BSBA major.
*You cannot declare the certificate as a Pre-Business Student
Eller Social Innovation (ESI) Certificate coursework
Three courses (9 units total) must be completed from the following five courses:
- ENTR 380: Social Innovation Organizations (3 units), offered fall only
- ENTR 381: Management of Effective Nonprofit Organizations (3 units), offered fall only
- ENTR 382: Nonprofit Consulting (3 units), offered fall only
- ENTR 448: Healthcare Entrepreneurship, various offering
- ENTR 465: Global Social Entrepreneurship, offered spring only
- ENTR 488: Social Entrepreneurship (3 units), offered fall only
- ENTR 455: Small Business Development and Consulting (3 units), offered spring only
***Management majors can double-dip ESI certificate courses with Management electives required for their major.
To learn more about Eller Social Innovation, please contact Andrea Gaub, academic advisor for business economics undergraduate students.
If you are applying for the Eller Social Innovation Certificate, your submission of this form constitutes your approval for the Eller Undergraduate Programs office to add the Certificate to your academic program.