Sports Management Certificate
The sports management certificate program is a customized nine-unit program available to students who are majoring in an Eller BSBA Major. The sports management certificate may be added to any Eller BSBA major.
The Sports Management Program has been developed by the Department of Management and Organizations in response to a growing demand for courses related to sports industries. Completion of these classes will provide a resume differentiator and facilitate job opportunities in the sports industry. Faculty with sports industry contacts and guest speakers from professional sports organizations are paired with experiential learning and study trips to sporting events.
Sports Management Certificate Coursework
Three 3-unit courses (9 units total) must be completed from the following eight courses:
- MGMT 351 Sports Administration and Planning
- MGMT 352 Sport Tourism and Event Management
- MGMT 353 Sports Negotiation and Compliance
- MGMT 354 Business of College Sports
- MGMT 356 Sports Communication
- MGMT 357 Life Cycle of Elite Athletes
- MGMT 358 Sports PR and Promotion Management
- MGMT 359 Special Topics in Sports Management
- MKTG 355/MGMT 355 Sports Marketing Management
For more information, contact Caryn Isom Fraser, Academic Advisor for Business Management undergraduate students.
Minor, Certificate, and Concentration / Sports and Society Option Course Interest Form
If you are applying for the sports management minor or certificate, your submission of this form constitutes your approval for the Eller Undergraduate Programs office to add the Sports Management Minor or Certificate to your program. You also understand course work during the summer may be required to complete the minor or certificate.