Requirements and Policies
- Available to non-Eller students only
- Six three-unit courses (18 units total)
- Minimum 9 units upper division coursework
- At least 9 units must be completed in residence at the University of Arizona
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) needed to add minor
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) needed in minor to graduate
- Minor students can only enroll in ECON 300 or 400 level Electives after Priority Registration
- Eller does not permit double use of courses in their majors or minors with majors or minors outside of the College. Unique units are required for the student’s major and minor.
- Can be taken along with business administration minor, finance minor, or marketing minor (as long as no courses double-dip)
Economics Minor Coursework
Required Units: Students must complete the following prerequisite course prior to enrolling in the remaining courses for the minor:
- ECON 200: Basic Economic Issues (or approved micro/macro transfer courses) (requires a grade of “C” or higher)
Required Units: Students must complete one Intermediate Microeconomics course and one Intermediate Macroeconomics course:
- Microeconomics: ECON 300 or ECON 301 or ECON 361
- ECON 300 is only available to ECON minor students in Winter and Summer sessions
- ECON 301 is available to minor students during the Spring session
- ECON 361 may also be taken (requires “C” or higher in Math 113/116/122A+B/125)
- Macroeconomics: ECON 330 or ECON 331 or ECON 332
- ECON 330 is only available to ECON minor students in Winter and Summer sessions
- ECON 331 is available to minor students during the Spring sessions
- ECON 332 may also be taken (requires “C” or higher in Math 113/116/122A+B/125)
The remaining 9 units may be comprised of any ECON Elective courses, with at least 3 units Upper Division required:
View a list of potential ECON Electives:
- 300 level Electives recommended for Minor students
- 400 level Electives require Intermediate Micro 300 or 361 to enroll
- Minor students can only enroll in 300 and 400 level Electives after Priority Registration
Aidan Clevinger is the academic advisor for Economics.
If you are applying for the Economics Minor, your submission of this form constitutes your approval for the Eller Undergraduate Programs office to add the Economics minor. You also understand course work during the summer may be required to complete the minor or certificate.
Note: Economics minor students cannot register for ECON courses during priority registration.