Marketing PhD Program
The PhD in Management with a Major in Marketing program is interdisciplinary in nature and draws heavily from the fields of psychology, economics, management, sociology and other behavioral sciences.
As a student in the PhD in Marketing program, you will be expected to:
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of core literature in marketing and the core-disciplines
- Acquire and demonstrate an intellectual mastery of specialized sub-topics within these areas
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of current developments in these areas
- Acquire and demonstrate a solid foundation in the creation of theory, research design and methodology
- Exhibit competency and preparedness for the dissertation and, more generally, for conducting original, significant research
- Develop strong teaching skills
Additional Program Information
- Doctoral Program Policies
The student has the primary responsibility for satisfying all requirements for the degree sought as per the Graduate Catalog, the policies of the Eller College of Management and the Marketing Department. Supervisory committees will be formed to oversee all phases of the doctoral students program.
- Marketing Courses
The marketing faculty have developed a program that involves two types of activities: advanced-level seminars and coursework through the Department of Marketing and other UA departments and independent study and supervised research with individual faculty members
Socio-cultural Consumption Reading Group
The socio-cultural consumption reading group meets to discuss contemporary research in the areas of consumer behavior and marketing strategy.