SPARK is an exclusive co-curricular opportunity for Pre-Business sophomores interested in entrepreneurship to refine and articulate their innovative ideas, develop professionally through hands-on learning experience, understand the wide variety of entrepreneurship career possibilities and network with established innovators.
SPARK will introduce small business, corporate intrapreneurship, social innovation and new venture development concepts to sophomore Pre-Business majors. Concepts will be taught through a design-thinking framework with hands-on activities, reflection discussions, real-world experience and advice from successful and experienced guest speakers. Students in the program will be empowered to move forward in founding a business, connect with the right people and resources, understand the variety of career possibilities and know the next steps they need to take on their road to entrepreneurial success.
Benefits of the Program:
- SPARK will ignite a culture of innovation in pre-business Eller students
- Participants will be well prepared for and inspired to enroll in entrepreneurship courses and apply for New Venture Development of Social Innovation Certificate
- SPARK alumni will have the tools, resources and networks necessary to launch a business
- SPARK participants will understand the variety of entrepreneurial careers available
SPARK empowers student with the tools and vision to seize opportunities to pursue their dreams, believe in what they can accomplish and solve complex real-world problems. The end goal is for students to see themselves as game-changers and change makers, entrepreneurs and innovators ready to tackle any problem they are passionate about.
- This is a Fall semester program
- Meetings are every Wednesday from 5-7 p.m.
- $50 dues are required upon selection, scholarships can be available
Applications are due April 20, 2018:
- 40 Pre-Business students will be selected with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Selections based on the quality of the application responses below and submitted resume