The McGuire New Venture Development Program is open to UA undergraduate, master's and doctoral students in all fields of study.
We look for students who share a passion for creative problem solving and developing new ideas. There are no prerequisite classes required to apply for the McGuire New Venture Development Program, but you should apply at a specific time in your studies.
When To Apply
Undergraduate Students: Apply during your junior year to participate in the McGuire Program during your senior year.
Undergraduate Engineering Students: Apply during your sophomore year to participate in the McGuire Program during your junior year (this is exclusive to engineering students as they are unable to participate their senior year due to senior design).
Master's Students: Apply in the penultimate year of study to participate in the McGuire Program during your final year.
Doctoral Students: Apply during any year of study.
Want to learn more about the application process?
- Friday, January 28th, 2022 @ Noon – McGuire Center (McClelland Hall 202)
- Friday, February 11th, 2022 @ Noon – McGuire Center (McClelland Hall 202)
Information sessions are a great opportunity to:
- Meet one-on-one with admissions representatives
- Gain answers to questions regarding the admissions process
- Get help in choosing the right pathways for your individual schedule
- Receive guidance on the application and interview process
Links you may need:
- RSVP link to Eller info session: http://eller.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cx8hGVh0clna2vc
- NVD Application link: https://eller.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6nI3iM6ZeTaztZQ
- McGuire Center NVD Webpage: https://eller.arizona.edu/departments-research/centers-labs/entrepreneurship/focus/new-venture-development
Applications are due Sunday, February 20th, 2022
Interviews will be held in the first week of March.
McGuire Entrepreneurship Program participants are selected based on their application and interview as compared to the overall applicant pool.
For more information about the New Venture Development Program, contact Jordan Elias, Manager of Academic Programs with the McGuire Center.