Complete It in Just 9 Months!
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) degree at The University of Arizona now offers an Accelerated Master's Program (AMP-MSF) for current undergraduate BSBA-Finance students in Eller College. The AMP-MSF allows students to complete the MSF degree in two semesters (Fall and Spring following completion of the BSBA).
Once accepted into the AMP-MSF, you can take either FIN 516, Financial Statement and Analysis in fall semester and FIN524, Portfolio Theory in spring semester OR FIN 513, Valuation Modeling in fall semester and FIN 532, Corporate Finance Strategy in spring semester as two of your finance senior electives. These two courses depend on your track of study in the MSF program and will count toward both your BSBA-Finance and MS-Finance degree requirements. With successful completion of these two courses and 10 courses in fall and spring semesters in the MSF program, you will be able to graduate with your MSF degree in May 2022.
Admission and application requirements are described below. Your application will be based solely on your transcript, resume, and statement of intent. If you are interested in proceeding, please email Joelle Good at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1 for specifics on how to proceed.
The curriculum you are studying in your undergraduate program will establish a foundation of quantitative knowledge and has been carefully designed to develop the way you think of the world. If you want to move into the finance field and want to develop your skills in analysis or to specialize in the area of investment management or corporate finance, you have an opportunity to immerse yourself in finance and expand your knowledge through the MSF program.
As a current undergraduate student, the cost of studying an additional year in a master’s program will never be lower – there is no need to stop your career soon after it has started nor to move to another city to study. On behalf of the Finance faculty, it is my pleasure to invite you to speak to any of us about the new AMP-MSF program and the questions you may have about the two semester course of study.
Fall 2021 Rising Eller BSBA Finance Seniors
- Currently enrolled in FIN412 and FIN421 in Spring 2021.
- Will have completed 90 undergraduate credit hours by the end of Spring 2021 semester.
- Have and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher through graduation and completed a minimum of 12 units of undergraduate credits in the finance major at the University of Arizona’s main campus by Spring 2021.
- A minimum combined GPA of 3.5 in FIN 360, ACCT400C, FIN412 and FIN421 (12 units), with B’s or better in each of the four classes.
- Completion or near completion of general education requirements.
- Submission of a graduate application between May 12 and May 21, 2021 and payment of the UA graduate application fee. Online application available at https://apply.grad.arizona.edu/users/login (degree: Finance (MS)-AMP). Request application details from Joelle Good at email@example.com.
- Finance faculty recommendation for AMP-MSF program. Demonstration of the maturity necessary for success in an accelerated, highly competitive program.
- Expectation to complete the undergraduate degree in May 2022, including completion of FIN516 and FIN526 courses, OR FIN513 and FIN532 courses (depending on MSF track of study), during the senior year with a grade of B or better.
To expedite the processing of your application follow these instructions carefully. All information must be received for an application to be considered complete.
All applicants should add email.arizona.edu, eller.arizona.edu and grad.arizona.edu to their authorized email sites to avoid important mail regarding the application to be tagged as junk mail.
You must meet the minimum entrance requirements to apply for the Accelerated Master's in Finance (AMP-MSF) program.
- A University of Arizona Eller College undergraduate finance major.
- Plan to complete your BSBA-Finance degree within two semesters of applying for the AMP-MSF.
- Minimum GPA: 3.5
- Follow the steps of the AMP-MSF checklist.
- Complete online application packet with materials as detailed below.
UA BSBA-Finance students will be registered in FIN412 and FIN421 when discussing the AMP-MSF program with the BSBA and MSF advisors. Students must formally apply online through UA GradApp immediately following completion of FIN412 and FIN421.
Full instructions and requirements are included in the online application.
Online Application Package Requirements
- Considered an undergraduate student until undergraduate requirements are complete.
- Once admitted to AMP-MSF and during the senior year, take 6 units of graduate coursework which will apply toward both the Bachelor’s and the Master’s degrees. Tuition will be charged at the undergraduate rate and students will retain eligibility for undergraduate scholarships.
- Enroll in 500-level courses following the Graduate Credit for Seniors Policy.
- After completion of all Bachelors’ requirements, granted graduate student status and be charged tuition at the graduate rate. While an undergraduate, students are required to keep their graduate coursework cumulative GPA at 3.0 or higher to be officially admitted to the Master’s program.
- Complete five 500-level finance courses in each of fall and spring semester, per the chosen track of study (investment management or corporate finance) to complete the 36-unit MS-Finance degree requirement.
- Maintain a GPA at 3.0 or higher to graduate.
- Expected graduation with the MS-Finance degree in Spring 2023.