Gentile Family Professor of MIS
McClelland Hall 430K
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Software agents and multi-agent systems
- Collaborative information and knowledge management
- Recommender systems
- Social computing
- Digital economic institutions
- Automated negotiation and auction
- Security informatics
- Spatio-temporal data analysis
- Online surveillance
PhD, Carnegie Mellon University, 1998
Daniel Zeng joined the Eller College of Management after earning his PhD from Carnegie Mellon University in 1998. His areas of expertise include software agents and multi-agent systems, collaborative information and knowledge management, recommender systems, social computing, digital economic institutions, automated negotiation and auction, security informatics, spatio-temporal data analysis and online surveillance. Zeng is a member of the Association for Information Systems (AIS), the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), The Association for Computing Machinery and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- MIS 507 Software Design
- Yang, Y., Zeng, D., Yang, Y., and Zhang,J. (2015). "Optimal Budget Allocation Across Search Advertising Markets,'' forthcoming, INFORMS Journal on Computing.
- Zeng, D., Yang, C.C., Tseng, V.S., Xing, C., Chen, H., Wang, F.-Y., and Zheng, X. (eds.) (2013). “Smart Health,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Smart Health (ICSH 2013), Beijing, China, August. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8040.
- Zeng, D., Chen, H., Chavez, C., Lober, B., Thurdmond, M. (eds.) (2011), Biosurveillance and infectious disease informatics. Springer, 448.
- Luo, C., Zheng, X., Zeng, D., & Leischow, S. (2014). Portrayal of electronic cigarettes on YouTube. Forthcoming, BMC Public Health.
- Yang, Y., Zhang, J., Zeng, D., Liu, B., & Yang, Y. (2014). Optimal budget allocation across search advertising markets. Forthcoming, INFORMS Journal on Computing.
- Wang, L., Chu, C., Yang, G., Hao, R., Li, Z., Cao, Z., Qiu, S., Li, P., Wu, Z., Yuan, Z., Xu, Y., Zeng, D., Wang, Y., & Song, H. (2014). Transmission characteristics of different students during a school outbreak of (H1N1) pdm09 Influenza in China, 2009. Nature Scientific Reports, 4.
- Yuan, Y., Zeng, D., & Li, L. (2014). Evolutionary dynamics analysis and simulation of bidding behavior in sponsored search advertising markets. Forthcoming, Decision Support Systems.
- Zhang, Z., Zeng, D., Abbasi, A., Peng, J., & Zheng, X. (2013). A random walk approach to tag- based recommendations. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 4(2), 1–24.
- Fu, T., Abbasi, A., Zeng, D., & Chen, H. (2012). Evaluating the usefulness of sentiment information for focused crawlers. ACM Transactions on Information Systems, 30(4).
- Li, X., Zeng, D., Liu, Y., & Yang, Y. (2011). Click fraud and the adverse effects of competition. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 26(6), 31–39.
- Huang, Z. & Zeng, D. (2011). Why does collaborative filtering work? Transaction-based recommendation model validation and selection by analyzing bipartite random graphs. INFORMS Journal on Computing, 23(1), 138–152.
- Association for Information Systems
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award, the Fourteenth Annual Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2004
- Best Paper Award in SIGDSS, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2004
- Honeywell Fellow in MIS, 2001-2004; 2007-present
- UA Management Information Systems Association Teacher of the Year (1999-2000; 2002-2003)