Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations
McClelland Hall 405NN
1130 E. Helen St.
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0108
Areas of Expertise
- Employee voice
- Strategic human resource management
PhD, Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
MS, Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
BS, Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
Elizabeth McClean joined the Eller College of Management in 2014 after earning her PhD at Cornell University. Her current research focuses on employee voice, leadership, strategic human resource management and teams. Her research has been covered by the New York Times, Bloomberg, New York Post, Seattle Times and the Star-Tribune.
- MGMT 330 Human Resource Management
Publications and Working Papers
- McClean, E., Burris, E., & Detert, J. (2013). When does voice lead to exit? It depends on leadership. Academy of Management Journal, 50 (2), 525-548.
- McClean, E. and Collins, C. (2011). High commitment HR practices, employee effort, and firm performance: Investigating the effects of HR practices across employee groups within professional services firms. Human Resource Management, 50(3), 341-363.
- McClean, E. (2009). High commitment HR practices, employee effort, and firm performance. Academy of Management Conference Best Paper Proceedings.
- Burris, E., Detert, J., McClean, E., Quigley, T. Speaking sideways or speaking up: How the choice for voice impacts employee performance. (Under review)
- McClean, E. & Collins, C. Expanding the concept of fit in strategic HRM: An examination of the relationship between HR practices and charismatic leadership on organizational outcomes. (In preparation to be submitted)
- McClean, E. Changing employee voice: A theory for building voice efficacy and motivation to drive organizational improvement. (In preparation)
- Academy of Management
- Ad hoc reviewer for:
- Organization Science
- Organizational and Human Decision Processes
- Personnel Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Conference Reviewer for Academy of Management