Assistant Professor of Finance
Ryan Williams joined the Eller College of Management in 2012 after earning his PhD at Georgia State University. His industry experience includes working at PwC as an assurance senior associate and at Reznick, Fedder and Silverman as an auditor. His current research focus is on corporate finance, corporate governance, product markets and corporate hedging.
FIN 413 Financial Modeling - Spring
- Risk management with supply contracts" (with Heitor Almeida and Kristine Hankins), Review of Financial Studies, 2017. Volume 30, 4179-4215.
- Tournament Incentives, Firm Risk, and Corporate Policies" (with Omesh Kini), Journal of Financial Economics, 2012, Volume 103, 350-376.
- Trade credit and the joint effects of supplier and customer financial characteristics" (with Jaideep Shenoy), Journal of Financial Intermediation, 2017, Volume 29, 68-80.
- Fortune favors the bold" (with Costanza Meneghetti), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, June 2017, Volume 52, Issue 3, 895-925.
Sample of Working Papers
- Restrictions to CEO Mobility, Performance-Turnover Sensitivity, and Compensation: Evidence from Non-Compete Contracts," (with Omesh Kini and David Yin),Review of Financial Studies, Revise and Resubmit. Highlighted on the Columbia Law School blog.
- Common Auditors and Relationship-Specific Investment in Supplier-Customer Relationships" (with Dan Dhaliwal and Jaideep Shenoy)
- The real effect of stock prices on relationship-specific investment in the supply chain" (with Steven Chong Xiao)
- Do compensation consultants have distinct styles?" (with Chen Cai and Omesh Kini)
- Dividend Reductions, Reinstatements, and Substitution with Repurchases" (with Kathy Kahle)